What new courses are you playing in 2018

• Thread starter Deleted member 17920
  • Start date

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
Played Golspie last year and it's probably the most quirky course I've ever played. Starts off links, then goes into Heathland, then onto Parkland. Very enjoyable, but not in the same league as Brora.

Brora is a very very underrated track, greens are always imaculate.

D

Deleted Member 1156

What did you make of Old Head? Heard a lot of contrasting and mixed views. Some love it some say it's just a cliff top course not true links.
Sorry to answer , the views are stunning , amazing in fact , true links ? Possibly not and the layout is ok but it’s amazing to play there and one I would recommend to do once
Phil is correct, not a true links although if you are ever in the area with your clubs then I would certainly say give it a go. Absolute roller coaster of a ride, some of the greens are perched on the side of the cliffs, miss them and you have a 200ft climb down to your ball! There is a par 5 on the back 9 (12th) with a tee similar to the lighthouse hole at Turnberry. Bite off as much as you dare and pray you make the carry. The view from that tee alone is worth the green fee.

Just found a flyover of the hole

http://www.oldhead.com/golf.html

Wolf

Visit site
Phil is correct, not a true links although if you are ever in the area with your clubs then I would certainly say give it a go. Absolute roller coaster of a ride, some of the greens are perched on the side of the cliffs, miss them and you have a 200ft climb down to your ball! There is a par 5 on the back 9 (12th) with a tee similar to the lighthouse hole at Turnberry. Bite off as much as you dare and pray you make the carry. The view from that tee alone is worth the green fee.

Now that's been added to the list of must play

D

Deleted member 17920

Looks amazing,

Spoke to a local from Cork who plays the course regularly and he said he has seen a few people suffer with vertigo and crawl off some tee boxes 😱

D

Deleted member 21258

That's a good way of describing it. I love it. It's raw, exhilarating, fun, and usually bracing!

Well worth playing if you like natural rather than manicured golf for a change!

Would add we made a big mistake in taking trollies to play CS, if you play it take a carry bag (or even better have a buggy:ROFLMAO:).

If anyone goes and need a partner would be good to play again.

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
I've had that feeling on one of the tees at Church Stretton - and it's not that high !!
Now that’s another course I want to play at some point.

Looks very raw.
That's a good way of describing it. I love it. It's raw, exhilarating, fun, and usually bracing!

Well worth playing if you like natural rather than manicured golf for a change!
Would add we made a big mistake in taking trollies to play CS, if you play it take a carry bag (or even better have a buggy:ROFLMAO:).

If anyone goes and need a partner would be good to play again.

I like the look of that, do I sense a Mini-Meet on the cards? :D

(Edit. Is that a square green I see on the 6th? Love it!)

D

Deleted member 17920

I contributed well that day.

Cracking courses though.
Really??

I must have missed that, I recall the 1st 3 holes you played like a pro, you then got dizzy and went missing in action 😂

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
We did the one that was a 3 man team open. I am sure we can get a few teams from the forum playing.

After all, @Captainron needs a team as I am giving him a free transfer 👌

Sounds good.

I'm yet to play with the legend that is Captaniron, in fact I can't even remember seeing him hit a ball.

(I have seen him across fairways looking around in the rough though.)