Courses you are looking forward to playing this year?

D

Deleted member 15344

Was looking forward to returning to Northants County this morning but sadly they appear to have lost their greens earlier in the year and they were in pretty poor condition, were truly excellent last time I was there so a bit of a shame really

Not actually got anything else planned I dont think but will prob try and squeeze one or two in

They were shocking greens - worst I have seen all year round

Val

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I'm done for new courses unless I get an invite to Formby :whistle:

Royal Aberdeen is pretty good Patrick, a better front 9 I challenge you to find anywhere.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
And so I played West Course at Wentworth on Saturday.

My thoughts putting aside the rain that lashed us for first 13holes - hmmm - I dunno. Did I really enjoy it? I guess I did - and only dropped 5 on front 9 off yellows. But it's a bit of a slog to be honest. And the new bunkering is frankly a bit silly. My Assistant Pro suggested it was as if someone (Els?) had a golf course design computer package and was clicking on 'new bunker' - and he clicked all over the place on the holes creating these monstrous bunkers all over the place. To the extent that quite a few holes it was really quite hard to work out how to get into the greens - which is OK for the pro but not so great for us handicappers. Some great holes of course - but worth the £300 green fee if I was paying? Absolutely not. Lovely day though with splendid company.

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
Playing a couple of rounds in spain this month at Antequera Golf. Looks a nice course in the mountains and nearest to my sister's place as it's a family visit (with golf thrown in)!!

Played at Gogs yesterday on The Wandlebury and have to say it looked stunning. A perfect autumn day and the colours in the sunshine were just delightful. Everything so well manicured and couldn't fault it - would seriously think about joining if it was nearer home.