Courses you are looking forward to playing next year

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

Landlocked

Hacker
Visit site
Hopefully somewhere in the south of France in February - Saint Endreol or Terre Blanche.

Definitely a few in the Highlands late May - Dornoch, Tain, Brora, Golspie plus Moray Old and one of the two Nairn courses.

Threads like these will keep me going in the golfing close season which is nearly upon me!

GG26

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
As relatively new to playing seriously I am looking forward to playing some of the other courses in Leicestershire (only played on four so far). In particular Glen Gorse, The Leicestershire, Market Harborough and Lingdale.

Any other suggestions in the East Midlands?

srixon 1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Broadstone in a league match. One of my favourites and will get to play it for free.

5 courses in Belek in March including the Monty.

stevek1969

Money List Winner
Visit site
Dundonald again as I've not played it for a few years. Going back to Ireland in september for a week and think of playing Rosses Point again which is a superb course, Enniscrone and possibly Carne.

Region3

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
As relatively new to playing seriously I am looking forward to playing some of the other courses in Leicestershire (only played on four so far). In particular Glen Gorse, The Leicestershire, Market Harborough and Lingdale.

Are you a member at a course? Which 4 have you played?

Courses can be very subjective, but I really like Kirby Muxloe. Melton is worth a visit, especially if you're a club member somewhere they do opens for £15 or £20.
Birstall is also very nice.
My place (Beedles Lake) I like but then I'm biased. Greens are great through winter, never on temporaries and always off proper tees.

I've not played as many in Leicestershire as I'd have liked either so there'll be plenty more worth a visit. Cosby and Longcliffe I've heard good things about, but I guess it depends on what you like in a course.

GG26

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Are you a member at a course? Which 4 have you played?

Courses can be very subjective, but I really like Kirby Muxloe. Melton is worth a visit, especially if you're a club member somewhere they do opens for £15 or £20.
Birstall is also very nice.
My place (Beedles Lake) I like but then I'm biased. Greens are great through winter, never on temporaries and always off proper tees.

I've not played as many in Leicestershire as I'd have liked either so there'll be plenty more worth a visit. Cosby and Longcliffe I've heard good things about, but I guess it depends on what you like in a course.

I am a member at Kibworth and have played Kilworth Springs, Ullesthorpe and Park Hill. Mine is quite a tight tree lined course where the others played were more open, but more penal rough and longer. Beadles Lake is another I want to try next year, I have taken the kids to play on the par 3 a few times.

Perhaps we can host each other for a game next year.

daverollo

Assistant Pro
Visit site

Well worth a trip to Longcliffe and cross over the boarder to play Luffenham Heath as well. Further north, Coxmoor is an excellent track, often overlooked due to being close to Sherwood Forest, another fab course.

D

Deleted member 1147

Kedleston Park GC - best course in Derbyshire

Lanark_Golfer

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Only one I have set in stone for next year so far is Muirfield on 1st March. It's always a pleasure though. Hopefully get the Old Course via the 48Hr ballot after we missed out in advanced ballot.

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Woburn - Duchess & Marquis - with GM
Whittington Heath - have been promised a game by a client

You'll love Whittington Heath James. I organised a forum meet there 5 or 6 years ago and it's a nice course, quite tough in places!!
When you are up that way if you get the chance, I recommend you to go and play at Beau Desert (if you haven't played it already).
It's an absolutely fantastic course, a real "hidden gem".

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Hopefully somewhere in the south of France in February - Saint Endreol or Terre Blanche.

Definitely a few in the Highlands late May - Dornoch, Tain, Brora, Golspie plus Moray Old and one of the two Nairn courses.

Threads like these will keep me going in the golfing close season which is nearly upon me!

spring is a good time to come.... usually;)

D

Deleted member 15344

Will be adding Portrush and St Andrews Old and New Course to the list :whoo:

D

Deleted member 1147

You'll love Whittington Heath James. I organised a forum meet there 5 or 6 years ago and it's a nice course, quite tough in places!!
When you are up that way if you get the chance, I recommend you to go and play at Beau Desert (if you haven't played it already).
It's an absolutely fantastic course, a real "hidden gem".

I have played Beau Desert, in the GM/Powerkaddy day. A lovely course, not necessarily suited to my wild driving. Much like Whittington I presume.
It's a huge shame about the greens being ruined by hooligans on quad bikes, they were fantastic as I recall.

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
I have played Beau Desert, in the GM/Powerkaddy day. A lovely course, not necessarily suited to my wild driving. Much like Whittington I presume.
It's a huge shame about the greens being ruined by hooligans on quad bikes, they were fantastic as I recall.

You will be amazed how quickly they will recover so don't worry too much.
And yes, Whittington Heath is tight. A bit tighter than Beau if I remember correctly.
And severely punished if you stray off the cut stuff.
;)

D

Deleted member 17920

Good time to play Whittington Heath before they lose a few holes for HS2 that's going straight through the course.

D

Deleted member 1147

You will be amazed how quickly they will recover so don't worry too much.
And yes, Whittington Heath is tight. A bit tighter than Beau if I remember correctly.
And severely punished if you stray off the cut stuff.
;)

Go on, keep selling it to me :p