What Course Are You Most Looking Forward To Playing This Year?

• Thread starter Deleted member 1740
  • Start date

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Looks like I'll be playing in the annual Uni Varsity Match at Bangor St. Deiniol Golf Club in a couple of weeks.
Anyone played this course before?

I played in an open there a few years ago.

it was decent without being great, but the greens were so slow that day, and no-one around a the clubhouse on the weekend, felt ghostly.

Mag

Club Champion
Visit site
it was decent without being great

From what I could tell, it's quite the short course, but many approaches and teeshots are blind. Looks like the driver will stay in the bag quite a bit?
Hopefully the greens will be better when we play it.

rickg

Money List Winner
Visit site
Looking forward to playing my own course now that the SSS has been re-rated.......

Blacks -Par 72 7,200 yards.......SSS up from 74 to 75

Silvers - Par 74 6,750 yards......SSS up from 72 to 74

Might actually stand a chance of getting a cut now!! :whoo:

Next medal is Sat 11th (day before Mentmore)...:eek:

D

Deleted Member 1156

Looking forward to playing my own course now that the SSS has been re-rated.......

Rick have I read that right? Silver is shorter but higher par?

They allow ladies on the course? :eek:

D

Deleted member 15344

That looks so much better and should get your HC to the right level mate

D

Deleted Member 1156

A couple of the par 5's on the Silver become par 4's on the Black & you play from behind the Silver tees :eek:

Ah cheers Richard, makes sense now. Thought it might be for the ladies where some of the 200 yard par 3's become par 5's for them ;)

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
From what I could tell, it's quite the short course, but many approaches and teeshots are blind. Looks like the driver will stay in the bag quite a bit?
Hopefully the greens will be better when we play it.

Yep reasonably interesting without being memorable, as I recall. Some good views also iirc.

S

Snelly

I played Parkstone last week for the first time and was distinctly underwhelmed. It was in good condition and was a pretty nice course visually but it cannot be classed as top drawer as there are so many blind shots. Not only that but there are no markers to point you even in a vague direction.

6/10 for the course for me. Not as good as Ferndown and nowhere near Broadstone. On the plus side, it was very welcoming as a club, the food was superb and the wine list decent. The waitress with the Blues Brothers tattooed on her calf was very pleasant too and made the day more enjoyable that it might have been.

I will definitely go back to get a second opinion as an injury that I currently have is limiting my golf somewhat at the minute and I am conscious that this may be clouding my appreciation a little.

Also had a fantastic night out in Poole the night before so the head was distinctly fuzzy - again, may have affected my view of the course.

Worth the trip to go to play Parkstone then but make sure you take in Ferndown and Broadstone at the same time as they are in my view, far better golf courses.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
I've just been given an invitation to play Close House, Filly course, in a months time, (near to Hexham in Northumberland). I have been to the practice range there for a lesson and the set up is top notch so I am really looking forward to playing one of the courses. I know the Colt is meant to be tougher but tougher is not always better and this will be a nice introduction to the venue. Very excited.

dewsweeper

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I am having a hip replaced on 2nd June so I will be looking forward to playing my home course as soon as is possible,possibly 2 months .
Our course is in brilliant condition now and the timing for my op is a bummer.
Heres to chipping and putting practise on crutches!
Dewsweeper

Jimaroid

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Thinking about giving Trump International (Aberdeen) a go later in the year. Heard nothing but amazing things about it but I'm morally torn by the way it was allowed to exist. Tricky...

Val

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Thinking about giving Trump International (Aberdeen) a go later in the year. Heard nothing but amazing things about it but I'm morally torn by the way it was allowed to exist. Tricky...

It's on my radar and the only thing that's got me holding off is the £££££

D

Deleted member 1740

I am having a hip replaced on 2nd June so I will be looking forward to playing my home course as soon as is possible,possibly 2 months .
Our course is in brilliant condition now and the timing for my op is a bummer.
Heres to chipping and putting practise on crutches!
Dewsweeper

I hope all goes well mate.

I'd love to play Trump and Aberdeen so if there was a 4ball or possible meet the I'd defo be there.

I've booked Turnberry for next month and I can't wait, I hope the weather is kind to us.