What Celtic manor courses to play ?

golfdub

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Finally today I recieved vouchers that i won at golf live for celtic manor. I won a fourball voucher for he 2010 course and a fourball voucher for the roman road course or the Montgomery course so its worth a nice few quid.
So my question is what course is better out of the roman road and the Montgomery course ? As I'm not sure which one to play.

Any recommendations ?

woody69

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I've played both and they are both very nice courses. I think I prefer the Monty. Very underlating and some absolutely cracking holes, but RR is probably more of a traditional challenge.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Played Roman Road last September and it was very very wet underfoot. Enjoyed the course and some great holes - but sooo wet it was.

Wabinez

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Played the Monty and absolutely loved it. Some great holes. The 3rd is one of the best looking holes I have played!

SaintHacker

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Played the Monty and absolutely loved it. Some great holes. The 3rd is one of the best looking holes I have played!

Yep agree with that, but I would add the 18th as well. A big hitting slicers dream, aim it straight over the trees just short of the green, and BOOM!:cool:

steviep

Assistant Pro
Visit site
They're both very good courses. When you get to the 3rd green on the Monty, the views of the Usk valley and the 2010 course are superb. The Roman was in superb nick last weekend. There's a fair bit of undulation on the greens on both courses so they will test your putting skills.

steviep

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Thanks for the help it seems I may be edging towards the monty :)

And when you've finished you will have definitely earned your post round pint. It's quite an undulating course and the walk from the 16th tee to the fairway gets the heart rate going (well I am 40 now) :lol:

devonboy

Hacker
Visit site
I played the Roman Road . course yesterday for the first time in a couple of years and it was in magnificant condition. Greens were superb and a true test and rest of it was manicured to perfection.

Most people I've spoken to said the Roman Road is much the better course.

Shot 80 to which made me a very happy boy :D

MKDave

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I've played all of the Celtic Manor courses. As far as Roman road and Monty go they both have their cute holes and they both have there not so challenging. I personally preferred the Monty. The view off the 3rd tee down the fairway alone is worth playing it over the Roman Road. Some of the views on other holes are also breathtaking. Also you get some beautiful views overlooking the 2010 to motivate you for that second day.

MONTY ALL DAY LONG!