What can / cant you forgive at a new course.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
The practice ground/range so close to a hole that a high separating fence is not practical and the fairway gets covered in range balls. In some circumstances there may be no alternatives on where to have the range, however…

Patster1969

Assistant Pro
Visit site
The practice ground/range so close to a hole that a high separating fence is not practical and the fairway gets covered in range balls. In some circumstances there may be no alternatives on where to have the range, however…
Found that the other day - played the Montgomery course at Celtic Manor and on the 9th, the fairway was littered with range balls right at the elbow of the dog leg (ie, pretty much where your tee shot finished unless you could smash it over the corner)

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Found that the other day - played the Montgomery course at Celtic Manor and on the 9th, the fairway was littered with range balls right at the elbow of the dog leg (ie, pretty much where your tee shot finished unless you could smash it over the corner)
You guys ever played at Little Hay?? The 2nd hole is bloody lethal! It plays down the right hand side of the range, and the fence just isn't high enough. Last time I played up there a sliced ball landed about 3 yards away from me, and then the same thing happened to my dad a minute later. Nobody shouts fore on a driving range either for some reason. If I play there again I'll be tempted to bring a crash helmet for that hole.

babylonsinger

Visit site

Interesting to read this as the last time I played there the 9th was a straight uphill par 5 with an elevated tee. Sounds like the hole you are talking about is the old 18th which runs partly alongside the driving range

Patster1969

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Interesting to read this as the last time I played there the 9th was a straight uphill par 5 with an elevated tee. Sounds like the hole you are talking about is the old 18th which runs partly alongside the driving range
You are totally correct - I found out from one of the guys that I played with (who had also played there a few years ago) that they've switched the 9's around. The par 5 is now playing as 18 - it's a great view from the tee! Course is hilly as though - it's a good walk, defo didn't want to carry.

IanM

Journeyman Pro
www.newportgolfclub.org.uk
You are totally correct - I found out from one of the guys that I played with (who had also played there a few years ago) that they've switched the 9's around. The par 5 is now playing as 18 - it's a great view from the tee! Course is hilly as though - it's a good walk, defo didn't want to carry.

They've swapped the 9s round to accommodate the half way house shared with Roman Road course.

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site

The first at my club.... If you hit your tee shot left youll be amongst about 100 srixon range balls :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Sats

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site

This is one of the biggest problems at my place - really annoying

sunshine

Visit site
The thing that annoys me is when you turn up at a new course to find the greens maintenance work has just been done. I know every course has to do this, but so few actually warn you about it when you book.