A friendly introduction at prospective new course........

jimbob.someroo

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I nearly always use the locker rooms when I play.

This is a wildly gender-based comment, but I've found that pretty much every woman at our club uses the locker room whereas probably only 50% of the blokes do.

I reckon it's cos the women turn up with plenty of time so can get ready at their own pace. Us fellas have a tendency to cut it a bit finer forcing us to throw the shoes on by the car.

Either that or the ladies go in there for a gossip? :whistle:

Piece

Tour Winner
Visit site
Most clubs in my area have a 'no changing shoes in the car park' rule. That's absolutely fine with me. It stops people banging wet mud everywhere and leaving it for the next person to step into... ;)

louise_a

Money List Winner
Visit site
This is a wildly gender-based comment, but I've found that pretty much every woman at our club uses the locker room whereas probably only 50% of the blokes do.

I reckon it's cos the women turn up with plenty of time so can get ready at their own pace. Us fellas have a tendency to cut it a bit finer forcing us to throw the shoes on by the car.

Either that or the ladies go in there for a gossip? :whistle:

We all have lockers at our club so our clubs are there as a rule, when playing at a different course, there are toilets, wash basins, showers etc and also its nice to have a look around to see our theirs compares to ours.

Val

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
i get the hump when i see people changing shoes etc on the car park it looks a bit muni'ish,we have a great changing room and a shoe cleaner so no need to take shoes off and bang them on the floor in the car park to get the crud off,we also have a rule about not parking commercial vehicles on the main car park and this causes some resentment amongst societies who turn up in vans and pickup trucks etc but rules is rules and why should standards be dropped for a few.

That post has got to be one of the best wind ups I've seen on here for a while.

:rofl:

inthecup

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Our locker room is up 2 flights of stairs. If I were to go in there to change my shoes after a round, I would first have to go to the car, spend 5 minutes putting my bag & trolley in the boot so they don't get nicked, walk up and change my shoes then back out.

Pointless!

malek988

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
i get the hump when i see people changing shoes etc on the car park it looks a bit muni'ish,we have a great changing room and a shoe cleaner so no need to take shoes off and bang them on the floor in the car park to get the crud off,we also have a rule about not parking commercial vehicles on the main car park and this causes some resentment amongst societies who turn up in vans and pickup trucks etc but rules is rules and why should standards be dropped for a few.

that is so Elitist, things like that put me of some courses, i went to a well known course over here once, saved for ages to pay the green fee, they took one look at me and because i didn't drive a Bentley or own £1000 titlest clubs or look like i was rich i was treated very badly to which i said good bye and took my £150 elsewhere the attitude of some people/courses stinks!! no wonder i hear people say golf is a snobbish sport

bluewolf

Money List Winner
Visit site

Aaah, Ashton In Makerfield Golf Club... You've just got to love their ambition haven't you.:clap: On the plus side, the pro shop is good and is a stockist for Tour Edge, so it's not all bad.....

S

Snelly

Oh dear. Poor class warriors.

I think the way the OP was spoken to was disgraceful but that does not mean you should not follow the rules of the club.

I always change my shoes in the clubhouse locker room. That is what the place is for. Why do it in the car park? When I play, I always change into fresh clothes before going to the bar or dining room so have always got stuff to put in the locker room when I arrive anyway.

I don't mind if others change in the car park particularly but would prefer it if they used the locker room. Just seems more sensible. Seems like simple good manners to me.

I didn't particularly enjoy watching someone change out of their trousers into their waterproofs in the car park at Blackmoor yesterday either. Baggy Y fronts made me feel a bit queasy!

User20205

Money List Winner
Visit site
I didn't particularly enjoy watching someone change out of their trousers into their waterproofs in the car park at Blackmoor yesterday either. Baggy Y fronts made me feel a bit queasy!

Smiffy has that effect on people, at least they were clean :D

On a side note you were impeccably turned out yesterday, put the rest of us to shame :thup:

la_lucha

Tour Rookie
Visit site

If you didn't enjoy seeing it in the carpark it would be even worse in the changing room if you were at close quarters.

My club doesn't have a rule on changing shoes in the carpark, but if it did I would have no problem accepting it.

StrangelyBrown

Tour Winner
Visit site
I haven't got a locker, so getting changed in the locker room is pointless as I'd have to take my normal shoes back out to the car anyway.

Having said that, if it's raining I'll get changed in the locker room and use one of the coin-op day lockers if there's one available.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
we don't have a rule as such, but most guys do use the locker room to put shoes on, its much better than trying to balance on one leg trying not to stand in a puddle in the car park.

I always use the changing room at my home club to change my shoes. I've a locker so my clubs are in there anyway and i leave my valuables in the locker. If im visiting another club I might change in the car park if i'm running late and not going in the clubhouse after.

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
Back to the Op's point of the manner in which he was spoken to

From the Dress Codes I've read for various clubs (by no means all) there is none which indicate that club members are empowered to police/enforce the club dress codes! In fact they invariably mention that staff/committee/managers etc can do this & don't even mention members taking action or delivering rebukes

Surely these club warriors should be reporting breaches of a code to empowered staff rather than voicing their opinions (because as a mere member they cannot even judge whether the dress code has in fact been breached in the first place)

TheJezster

Tour Rookie
Visit site
For those who regular play at "away" courses, if you dont have a locker, cant you just leave your shoes under the benches or in the shoe spaces in the changing room, rather than trawling them back to the car?

I've done both, change in the car park and also in the changing rooms and just left my shoes there. I've even showered in away changing rooms too, depending on the weather.

Changing your shoes in a car park really shouldnt generate 8 pages of response though! Some do, some dont, some do sometimes, some do never. So what, were all different, leave it at that. For those who dont or absolutely wont change their shoes in the car park, heres an idea, dont worry about it! If someone else does, it wont affect you in the slightest, so take a deep breath, mind your own business and walk away not spoiling your or their day. It wont make you play any better, but getting angry might make you play worse.

There is no excuse for rudeness like experienced by the OP. That member needs a stern talking to.

SocketRocket

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
For those who regular play at "away" courses, if you dont have a locker, cant you just leave your shoes under the benches or in the shoe spaces in the changing room, rather than trawling them back to the car?

I've done both, change in the car park and also in the changing rooms and just left my shoes there. I've even showered in away changing rooms too, depending on the weather.

Changing your shoes in a car park really shouldnt generate 8 pages of response though! Some do, some dont, some do sometimes, some do never. So what, were all different, leave it at that. For those who dont or absolutely wont change their shoes in the car park, heres an idea, dont worry about it! If someone else does, it wont affect you in the slightest, so take a deep breath, mind your own business and walk away not spoiling your or their day. It wont make you play any better, but getting angry might make you play worse.

There is no excuse for rudeness like experienced by the OP. That member needs a stern talking to.

I think we all agree that the Rude Attitude was wrong. The shoes discussion revolves around whether you should change them in the car park when the club disallows it.

S

Snelly

On a side note you were impeccably turned out yesterday, put the rest of us to shame :thup:

Too kind Rodders! I only wore a suit because I had a Help For Heroes tie in the wardrobe!

Sharp haircut you were sporting by the way!