A friendly introduction at prospective new course........

North Mimms

Tour Winner
Visit site
... i'm equally stunned by the implication that it's alright to turn up at a So-so club somewhat the worse for drink, as long as you turn up sober at the "better" clubs:confused:

North Mimms

Tour Winner
Visit site
At a pub golf outing many moons ago we were all partaking in a few light refreshments on the bus to Largs. One dobber didn't want to drink until after the golf even although it was just a local muni (Routenburn is a nice track by the way, I'm not knocking it at all!) we were playing and nothing to get hoitty toitty over. Anyway this guy gets off the bus declaring that he was easily going to win the day as we were all half cut.

As this dobber went for a comfort break a bottle of cooking oil was produced from God knows where and poured down the inside of his golf bag plus the entire contents of a bottle of sun tan lotion. That was a leveller and then some!!!

Also from thecraw on another thread...
It was a company day, get over it. Hardly the monthly medal. I had a litre of sunflower oil poured down the inside of my golf bag at the pub outing.

Couldn't hold onto a club all day. Some days its best to just enter the spirit of the day.

Curiouser and curiouser...
So what really happened?
Or DID it happen at all?

Scouser

Tour Winner
Visit site
Here is an actual sign posted at a golf club

1. BACK STRAIGHT, KNEES BENT, FEET SHOULDER WIDTH APART.
2. FORM A LOOSE GRIP.
3. KEEP YOUR HEAD DOWN!
4. AVOID A QUICK BACK SWING.
5. STAY OUT OF THE WATER.
6. TRY NOT TO HIT ANYONE.
7. IF YOU ARE TAKING TOO LONG, LET OTHERS GO AHEAD OF YOU
8. DON'T STAND DIRECTLY IN FRONT OF OTHERS.
9. QUIET PLEASE...WHILE OTHERS ARE PREPARING.
10. DON'T TAKE EXTRA STROKES.

WELL DONE.. NOW, FLUSH THE URINAL, GO OUTSIDE, AND TEE OFF.

Love it