First outing at the new club, a very, very……

Fader

Tour Winner
Visit site
Unimpressive way to play with a new roll up group.

First outing at the new club today and first game since the start of December. Been working on swing changes at the range since then so was raring to go, so what happens?

Block the first tee shot and up in a divot behind a tree, then follow that with 3 consecutive shanks to blob first hole. The 2 fellas I was playing with off 17 probably thought whose this bloke with the dodgy single digit handicap.

It's got to get better I tell myself in the 2nd tee, manage to find the fairway and hit my approach pin high, follow that up with a duff chip and 3 putt for consecutive blobs! Then at the 3rd another blocked drive into the garbage followed by 2 more shanks and that's a 3rd blob! So now I'm on the 4th tee wondering what's going on as the swing changes have been superb on the range but I'm dying out on the course with these guys wondering if I'd lied about my handicap on the 1st tee.

So I took a few moments to compose myself I had 150yards to centre of green into just a small breeze I've decided not attacking flags just centre of green now to try to show I can at least hit something. Went back to basics of the changes and finally hit a shot flush, BUT it airmailed the green into the bundu at the back bringing about my 4th blob!

Taking heed of of the well struck iron on the previous hole I stood on the par 5, 5th tee with renewed vigour and hit my 2hybrid off the tee and nailed it, nailed the 2nd and hit my approach to 6 feet and canned the putt. Played the next hole with a peach of a drive and 7 iron for a solid par. Then on the next tee ripped the 2hybrid again so i'm thinking right now it's game on, what happens I shank the gap wedge approach shot and blob!

I managed a huge total of 8 points on the front which was by virtue of 2 decent holes and a lucky chip in on the 8th!

Managed to hit some really sweet shots with the new swing on the back nine, the driver was misbehaving massively so got left in the bag from the 12th after having to dig another approach out of the bundu! I managed a massive total of 24 points and came dead last in the roll up. But despite all this there were signs of the swing changes being the right thing to do and being a step in the right direction.

The positives being that what I was doing wrong was focusing to much on what to do instead of letting the ingrained changes just happen.

Plus on a brighter note it was raining all round and the course drainage despite the weather we had was superb not a single drop of standing water and the greens are devilish.

Better luck next time aye! But going to be spending a lot more time at the range.

G1BB0

Money List Winner
Visit site
never mind, it beats working. 16 points on the back isnt too bad, just put it down as one of those days Fader, theres always the next round ;)

Jdb2005

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Something simalar to me , birdied first at new course then only managed a further 2 pars , nightmare. Chin up tho mate, we'll blitz it next time