What a ridiculous round

louise_a

Money List Winner
Visit site
I know people often have up and down rounds but in today's medal I excelled myself with the most ridiculous scoring I have ever done.

Not a great start, 2 double bogeys but then hit the par 5 3rd in 2 and got a birdie, that's better I thought.
I promptly follow that with a double bogey and then a quad bogey, Oh No!
But on hole 6 a fairly easy par five, I holed my third from the fringe for an eagle! and followed with a par on 7, only to promptly triple bogey the 8th, then a bogey on 9 where I nearly putted off the green into a hazard finished the first 9.

A bogey on 10 was followed by my reaching the par 5 11th in 2 for another birdie, a couple of bogeys then another birdie on the par 5 16th after hitting a green side bunker in 2 and getting up and down, I parred the 17th, but when my 3rd to the par 5 17th ran throught the back of the green into a hazard I had another double, and being annoyed at that I messed up the last for another double bogey.

So 1 eagle, 3 birdies, 2 pars, 5 bogeys, 5 doubles, a treble and a quadruple, what a stupid round!

Thankfully scoring wasn't great so CSS went up and with a stableford adjustment I made my buffer.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Just think Louise, you could of had a hcap cut if you did not have to play the 17th twice 😁
Joking aside, the game proper screws your head up. As you say you can hit pars, birdies and eagles and be buzzing, but within minutes be at the depths of despair.

D

Deleted member 21258

Sounds like a great fun round, love rounds like that, very annoying but funny with the ups and down. Done well to make buffer

Perfect for a betterball partner setup not so good for medal:rofl:

louise_a

Money List Winner
Visit site
Sounds like a great fun round, love rounds like that, very annoying but funny with the ups and down. Done well to make buffer

Perfect for a betterball partner setup not so good for medal:rofl:

It was a fun round and I was laughing at the good and the bad right up to the 17th which is currently playing very unfairly in my opinion.

I was thinking that about a better ball :)

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Re the hard fairways, al bet every green keeper in the land is doin cartwheels at the moment with the rain. Only been at our place 4-5 years but the fairways are normally this hard in late July/ August. The run on them, if you hit them is excellent. I hit a low drive and get a good bit of run on my drives. Two other PP hit high drives and in March early April were getting nigh on no run. Now there balls just hit the fairways and bounce on another 20-30 yds.

User 105

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
lol. Kind of sums up the way I play these days. Sublime to the ridiculous.

But it does make for an interesting round, all be it infuriating at times. :angry:

Anytime you can still buffer with triple and quadruples on the card can't be a bad thing !:thup: