I'll never figure this game out

Maninblack4612

Tour Winner
www.camera-angles.co.uk
Played in a Monthly Medal yesterday, first time in two weeks after recovering from Covid. Setting off, I really didn't think I'd make the full round, my legs were like jelly & hands were shaking. Started with a double bogey in strong wind & heavy rain but followed it up with a tap in birdie at the second. Proceeded to hit every drive long & straight, only just missed two fairways, & managed the first nine in four over.

Another double bogey on 10 from an awkward lie in a bunker followed by more shots splitting the fairway gave me a nett 69, the best competition round since September 2021. Conditions were far from easy & I was constantly surprised by how straight, & long, I was hitting it. Was it because I was swinging it easy? Not thinking too much about it? Apart from a slight change in grip, remembering not to swing flat & getting the weight through I didn't do anything different.

Can't wait to see what happens next time.

timd77

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Daft game isn’t it. I’ve got arthritis in both hips, usually ok if I take a cocktail of painkillers, but sometimes I can barely move. When this happens I have to take half swings, and yep, always seem to score well. Must be to do with hitting the middle of the club face a bit more. Why I don’t try it when I’m not in too much pain I’ll never know!

Sounds like you had a nice round though, well done 💪🏻

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I realised long ago that the best way to play good golf is to absolutely not give a :poop: if you play good golf or not. The trick is how to make yourself not care? In your case, just being happy to be back out and having low expectations is probably what did it.