Texas Scramble at Studley Wood

Kennysarmy

Visit site
Played in the Mizuno Texas Scramble yesterday - thought we'd done OK - none of us had ever played the course before, team handicap was 9.8.

We had 6 birdies and sadly one bogey on a par 3 where we all missed the green and the best option was a short sided chip on to a green running away from us :/

We finished with a 58.2 (par 73) - which was only good enough for a joint 34th out of 52.

The winners came in with nett 50.5 (playing off 11.5)
They went:
Par
Birdie
Par
Birdie
Par
Birdie
Birdie
Par
Eagle

Birdie
Par
Birdie
Birdie
Par
Birdie
Par
Birdie
Par

That's SOME golf!

AussieKB

Visit site
Played a scramble last Sunday, team handicap 8 we shot gross 64 nett 56 and won zip
winning score 53.25 but am not surprised, they don't call it a (put your comment here)

Neilds

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Why do people always get surprised at low scores in a competition where you get 3 or 4 attempts at every shot? If a single player went round and could have 3 mulligans every shot, I bet they would score a lot lower than usual:p

AussieKB

Visit site
Why do people always get surprised at low scores in a competition where you get 3 or 4 attempts at every shot? If a single player went round and could have 3 mulligans every shot, I bet they would score a lot lower than usual:p
A lot depends on the rules, re how many drives per player etc ?
what I liked about the last one, was whoever shot you took had to play the next one, the 10th hole a par 5, my drive 2nd 3rd and fourth for birdie, but who polices it, is known as a cheaters competition and if you win who believes it was done according to rules.

adam6177

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I played in a texas scramble last friday at redlibbets... back 9 only.

Our handicaps were 10.8 / 11.8 / 20 and 28.... we finished 4 under par gross and then 8 under net (28), so its not impossible to shoot these kinds of scores.

The 20/28 handicappers played their normal steady golf, which allowed me and my regular partner to go for riskier shots and my short game was on fire... missing an eagle bump and run by 3 inches. So it happens.... not cheating, just good golf.