West Yorkshire Meet?

tsped83

Tour Winner
Visit site
Afternoon all,

I'n relatively new to the forums still but have enjoyed the discussions and banter thus far, plus the Mrs has banned me from talking about golf in the house so at least I've somewhere to go to talk about hook, slices and those rare things in between!

i've seen the other forums threads for meets, but haven't come across any for gods county, specifically the west end of it. I'm based in North Leeds but would welcome the opportunity to play with other guys from the forum anywhere in the West Yorkshire area.

So, no details arranged as yet, but I thought I'd put this out there now to see who'd be interested in a game in the coming (hopefully drier) months?

Cheers

pbrown7582

Money List Winner
Visit site
there quite a few on here from this area but not seen any meets for a while, although there is also a yorkshire golf forum where i saw a meet at kirby moorside last may.
any ideas for a date venue?

tsped83

Tour Winner
Visit site
No concrete ideas on location or time really, just wanted to get the ball rolling and garner some interest.

Perhaps March/April time? Hopefully the weather will be slight better by then! As for venues, Cookridge Hall is somewhere I've always wanted to play, also Pannal golf club towards Harrogate.

Any other suggestions?

tsped83

Tour Winner
Visit site
We're getting some decent numbers together here, looks promising. What dates would suit people? I was thinking towards march/April time?

pbrown7582

Money List Winner
Visit site
We're getting some decent numbers together here, looks promising. What dates would suit people? I was thinking towards march/April time?

quite a bit on meet wise march time as still getting winter deals, maybe worth trying to fit in then if theres a decent discount going on green fees otherwise into april?

Qwerty

Tour Winner
Visit site

Im okay anytime except Sunday 17th March. I suppose the date depends on when/whether the mentioned courses are back to playing on the full course, no mats etc. could be April onwards?

pbrown7582

Money List Winner
Visit site
Just had a look on Pannal website winter fees applicable until April 14th £30 a round and some days £35 inc brekkie. It says available mon-fri on line or contact club for weekends.
I also notice its an open qualifying venue and former euro tour host.
Sounds value to me?

bluewolf

Money List Winner
Visit site
I'd be up for this, date depending. The end of march is a no no for me as I'm in Ireland playing Lahinch and Doonbeg. Should be ok other than that though.