West Yorkshire Meet?

rosecott

Money List Winner
Visit site
Isn't Harrogate in North Yorkshire? Is this a deliberate ploy to discourage golfers from South of Yorkshire?

drawboy

Tour Winner
Visit site
Ok so now we've got some solid numbers, how do we progress it? Sorry, I'm new to the forum.
Research a few courses and get some prices, most will offer you either a full day with meal or 18 holes with meal. A full day would be bacon sandwich and coffee on arrival and 9 holes in the morning, soup and sandwiches or similar for lunch followed by 18 holes then a two course evening dinner. 18 hole days havebacon butties a round and a meal afterwards. When I booked the ones I organised I charged the price of the golf plus a nominal fee for the prizes. Be aware though that you never, ever have final numbers until you have got the deposits off everyone. In my experience the drop out rate soars when you ask for the deposits so do not get carried away on numbers until your deposits are in.

Last edited:

Captainron

Big Hitting, South African Sweary Person
Visit site
seems like we have around 15 folk interested. Contact the club and ask to book 2 4 balls slots (always half the interested number becuase dates invariably clash) and then ask for the cash from the interested parties. If the demand is good we can add on a third/fourth tee time.

Qwerty

Tour Winner
Visit site
I'll take you some pictures mate. ;)
On an unrelated note, have you ever played West Cornwall. Gonna be in St Ives in July and that course is right on my doorstep. Is it worth a try?

I havn't Danny. I looked into it last year, we was staying just outside Falmouth and I ended up playing Falmouth and Mullion.
I wanted to as it looked pretty good on the website but it was a bit too far to travel.
I always take the clubs on holiday,you can't beat getting a couple of games in on some new courses:thup:

bluewolf

Money List Winner
Visit site
I think I'll try it. I'm gonna head up to Trevose for a day, so this will offset the travelling a bit. Unless my missus gets her way and we end up in Turkey!!!!

Qwerty

Tour Winner
Visit site
I think I'll try it. I'm gonna head up to Trevose for a day, so this will offset the travelling a bit. Unless my missus gets her way and we end up in Turkey!!!!

I love Trevose,Stayed there a couple of times, quite a lot say it overrated, I just think its a really enjoyable golf course in a stunning location.
It would be a cracking place for a Mega Meet, book the place up for a few days and empty the bar.:thup: