South and East Yorkshire golf

cvieri32

Hacker
Visit site
Re Lindrick, I’d read somewhere that “The vast majority of this famous old course lies in south Yorkshire, but the stream at the back of the 4th green marks the boundaries between the White Rose county, Derbyshire and Nottinghamshire.”

Playing for the first time in summer, can’t wait (assuming there has been some improvement in my game by then) haha

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
I knew Lindrick was just inside South Yorkshire, but Bondhay that is just south of Lindrick.well the Yorkshire border runs along the northern edge of the course. Its actually in Derbyshire ?. Nottinghmshire, derbys and south yours is an odd area around there.
Yes, a couple of clubs in that neck of the woods opted to join the Yorkshire Union as opposed to Derbyshire or Notts unions

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Do you mean North Cliff ?

I've only played South Cliff in good weather in the summer, so no idea what it's like when it gets wet. Saying that, the MIL's flat overlooks the 18th green at SC, and it does seem to be closed quite often, so maybe it does suffer.

I last played NC in November, and the last 3 or 4 holes were pretty boggy.

Pin-seeker

Visit site
Lees Hall in Sheffield deserves a mention i think , played a few years back but enjoyed it .
Styrup Hall in Doncaster is supposed to be ok although never played it myself .
Styrup isn’t anything special imo.
Tankersley is nice,so is Silkstone.