Recommendations please for South East England 2 night 3 round golf break between £300 and £600 in June/July.

Kennysarmy

Visit site
As title really:

Recommendations please for South East England 2 night 3 round golf break between £300 and £600 in June/July.

Would prefer to play 3 different courses with at least one a really decent track and ideally if we could stay in the same hotel it would be better.

Is the cost range going to be enough?

Would ideally be looking at a Sunday - Tuesday break.

Cheers for any tips.

D

Deleted member 15344

Bournemouth

Play - 3 of - Ferndown , Parkstone , Stoneham , Isle of Purbeck or Broadstone

Norfolk

Play - Cromer , Sheringham , Thetford , Kings Lynn

Kent - Stay at Princes

Play Princes , twice with a combination of the three 9 holes , Royal Cinque Ports or RSG

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
Bournemouth

Norfolk

Kent - Stay at Princes

Play Princes , twice with a combination of the three 9 holes , Royal Cinque Ports or RSG

Princes will organise all this for you; for a price. Only caveat is don't bother doing it this year; the Royal & Ancient are having the Open at RSG so you either won't get near the place or will be off mats. ;)

And Sunday to Tuesday works well; Monday is the normal society/visitor day at RCP, and Tuesday at RSG.

Kennysarmy

Visit site
Princes will organise all this for you; for a price. Only caveat is don't bother doing it this year; the Royal & Ancient are having the Open at RSG so you either won't get near the place or will be off mats. ;)

And Sunday to Tuesday works well; Monday is the normal society/visitor day at RCP, and Tuesday at RSG.

Yea planning for 2022 - we have a Nottingham tour this year in June.

Royal St George's is a tasty price per round! Yikes - that could put a few of the lads off I think :(

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I think dale hill is also doing something with chart hills now. With dale hill having the hotel and two courses and chart hills recently being fully revamped this could be worth looking at.

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site

Royal St George's is a tasty price per round! Yikes - that could put a few of the lads off I think :(

It is, but it’s a tasty course and worth paying for in my opinion, but understand that may not suit everyone. ?

backwoodsman

Tour Winner
Visit site
Bournemouth

Norfolk

Kent - Stay at Princes

For the Bournemouth option, you could look at Dudsbury Manor Hotel & Golf for the stay. Hotel is fine and the course is fairly nice. And all the courses LP mention above are within easy striking distance .

D

Deleted Member 1156

For the Bournemouth option, you could look at Dudsbury Manor Hotel & Golf for the stay. Hotel is fine and the course is fairly nice. And all the courses LP mention above are within easy striking distance .
Agreed, the hotel is decent and onsite for Dudsbury gc. Also very handy for Ferndown. Bit further away to Broadstone and Parkstone across town but certainly very doable. If you want some nightlife though it is a 20min taxi into town.
If you do consider the area also look at Meyrick Park as a cheaper golf option. Very short but still challenging, you won't rip it up! They also have golf lodges onsite and you can walk into town from there.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
As title really:

Would prefer to play 3 different courses with at least one a really decent track and ideally if we could stay in the same hotel it would be better.

Is the cost range going to be enough?

Would ideally be looking at a Sunday - Tuesday break.

Cheers for any tips.

Define South East

I see you are getting recommendations for an area I would consider as South to South West i.e. Dorset courses

Kennysarmy

Visit site
Define South East

I see you are getting recommendations for an area I would consider as South to South West i.e. Dorset courses

Yea - to be honest we're still at initial investigation stage so recommendations still useful.

The hardest thing will be agreeing an exact date and budget for the trip - even with just 8 of us it varies from those who would happily pay £190 for one round of golf to those already saying they'd struggle to justify paying half that.

Maybe I'll just go away on my own haha

Sports_Fanatic

Assistant Pro
Visit site
It's not South East, but if you're all in that area then a trip through the tunnel to Le Touquet in France is a popular golf destination and may not be huge differences. Some very nice courses and will be easily within budget.

Appreciate not anywhere near the initial request but just in case you don't know about it. I expect most on the forum do.

Canary_Yellow

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

Princes is a good day, playing 27 holes (9 in the morning, lunch, 18 in the afternoon). I was very impressed when I played it last summer.

RCP is also excellent, you could play both without playing RSG and still well worth doing. I'd liken it to St Andrews in that playing the old course is great, but you can still play a handful of superb courses without playing it too.

Also in that area is North Foreland. If you wanted to stay in a town, I'd highly recommend Broadstairs as a good base, or Ramsgate and sticking to the marina area. As an alternative to the lodge at Princes I mean, which although good, is out on a limb.

spongebob59

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Princes is a good day, playing 27 holes (9 in the morning, lunch, 18 in the afternoon). I was very impressed when I played it last summer.

RCP is also excellent, you could play both without playing RSG and still well worth doing. I'd liken it to St Andrews in that playing the old course is great, but you can still play a handful of superb courses without playing it too.

Also in that area is North Foreland. If you wanted to stay in a town, I'd highly recommend Broadstairs as a good base, or Ramsgate and sticking to the marina area. As an alternative to the lodge at Princes I mean, which although good, is out on a limb.

They 've built a Travelodge just outside Sandwich which might be an option for accommodation. Sandwich has lots of nice restaurant s and pubs.