UK based golf break ideas?

D

Deleted Member 1156

Send a pm to mikejohnchapman, he is a member there.

batchworth

Visit site
Spent a while this afternoon pretty much emailing every golf resort in England, to see what their price and availability is, so will be interesting to compare the results when they reply back.

petema99

Visit site
+1 for Princes - great course and hospitality, and decent amount of other stuff to do in Kent/Deal close by, etc.

Hopefully heading for a trip to Norfolk in May - thinking about sheringham, royal cromer, hunstanton, possibly royal west norfolk (if we can get on!)

batchworth

Visit site
Princes did come back to me, but they were just out our budget, as they were about £900 per couple (we are looking at maybe around £650 max)

we have had responses from the following places that are in budget and do have availability. Does anyone have any experience of the following places. I have looked at TripAdvisor and the reviews are very mixed:

Sprowston Manor Golf and Country Club
Five Lakes Golf resort (Colchester)

We also got a reply from Stapleford Park nr Melton Mowbray to say that when the Hotel opens back up, they have no plans to reopen the golf course!

batchworth

Visit site
Just an update for everyone. We ended up booking at Sandford Springs golf and hotel near Newbury for this October.
Seems to have very good online reviews and is made up of 3 x different 9 hole courses. We are paying £300 per person for 2 nights with breakfast and evening meals plus 3 x 18 hole rounds.

Anybody been there for golf or the hotel?

JustOne

Ryder Cup Winner
www.justoneuk.com
We are paying £300 per person for 2 nights with breakfast and evening meals plus 3 x 18 hole rounds.

4 of you, £1200? and only two golfers?

You could have all stayed at mine for £240, booked some local golf and sent the wives up Mt Snowdon whilst you were playing :LOL:
Perhaps I need to look into this 'golf trips' more deeply :unsure::unsure::unsure:

JustOne

Ryder Cup Winner
www.justoneuk.com
So £2400?

Very interesting, not for now but for the future (y)
I have a house that can accommodate at least 10 and holiday letting seemed to be the way forward but the house isn't fully ready yet. Of course your booking includes really nice meals in the evening so I'd have to get a chef in :p:p

sunshine

Visit site
Just an update for everyone. We ended up booking at Sandford Springs golf and hotel near Newbury for this October.
Seems to have very good online reviews and is made up of 3 x different 9 hole courses. We are paying £300 per person for 2 nights with breakfast and evening meals plus 3 x 18 hole rounds.

Anybody been there for golf or the hotel?

Wow that's steep, £300 per room per night.

The hotel is advertising rooms at £125 inc breakfast, and the course is only £30 a round, so maybe dinner in the restaurant will be michelin star quality.

batchworth

Visit site
Actually just checked their email and it is actually £224 per person. We looked into so many places the prices are all merging into one ?. Luckily someone in our group is handling the money side ?

batchworth

Visit site
Just some feedback from the trip (we went last weekend). Would definitely recommend Sandford Spring Golf Club & Hotel to anyone planning a similar trip. 3 x 9 hole courses that where all different in character and in great condition. The hotel side is very nice all be it small, but means you get a better service from the staff. Breakfast and evening meals are served in the clubhouse, and the evening food was very good. The breakfast is a help yourself to hot and cold items, which is great as you can fill yourself up for the day.
We have already decided to go back next year, but hopefully in September rather then October to get better weather.