UK Golf Break for the family?

Daff

Hacker
Visit site
Looking to take the family (wife, an 11 year old and 13 year old) away for a UK summer break (probably 5 nights or so) with golf included. Both kids play to a good standard and the wife would like a pool or spa, etc on site to while away the time while we play golf. We went to Ashbury Manor last year and enjoyed that but I'm wondering if there's anywhere else similar that is worth consideration?

Anybody stayed anywhere similar or have any other suggestions?

Cheers

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
You considered a Haven site or something similar? I've looked at stopping at the one near Porthmadog, loads of good quality courses nearby, and plenty do on the site as well, especially for the kids when you've finished golfing.

Neilds

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Down here in the South West you could look at Bowood or Manor House (Castle Combe). Both are great courses with hotels and spa. If you wish to play a few different courses there are plenty in the Bath and Bristol area, or just a short trip into the Cotswolds for places such as Minchinghampton.

Albo

Visit site
Wouldn't mind that myself tbh.
Have done it twice and will do so again this year, booked for March 31st weekend. Shoulder season is relatively good value once the clocks go forward, you can easily get 36 a day in, with lunch between. We just get an air H&M type affair, £180 for the ticket in shoulder season

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
Have done it twice and will do so again this year, booked for March 31st weekend. Shoulder season is relatively good value once the clocks go forward, you can easily get 36 a day in, with lunch between. We just get an air H&M type affair, £180 for the ticket in shoulder season

Thanks for the info, I'm away skiing in Feb so the boss lady might not be happy if I bugger off on a golf trip a few weeks later, but I'll definitely look into it at some point.

r0wly86

Head Pro
Visit site
St Mellion just over the border in Cornwall.

2 courses, the Kernow which is decent club course and the Nicklaus which is a beast of championship course, previously held European Tour events. The Hotel is lovely, good food, and the spa and pool is very nice that also does treatments.

Pretty close to the sea, plenty of course nearby, and a lovely part of the world

babylonsinger

Visit site
Strady Parc Hotel in Llanelli. Decent hotel in striking distance of Machynys, Ashburnham etc

Never thought I'd see the day where Llanelli was recommended as a place for a family break :LOL:

Great courses around there but far nicer to stay around Mumbles - Llanelli is pretty grim

IanM

Journeyman Pro
www.newportgolfclub.org.uk
Never thought I'd see the day where Llanelli was recommended as a place for a family break :LOL:

Great courses around there but far nicer to stay around Mumbles - Llanelli is pretty grim

Point taken... we didn't venture out of the hotel after dark! :) Mumbles brings Pennard, Langland etc into play!