well that is a surprise

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
Ah, another northerner, I'm from North Lincolnshire, so fully understand the northern tightness my friend.

My step daughter moved to Haxey in the summer, if you can recommend any courses around that way, I might try and squeeze a round in while the missus entertains the grandaughter.

NearHull

Visit site
My step daughter moved to Haxey in the summer, if you can recommend any courses around that way, I might try and squeeze a round in while the missus entertains the grandaughter.
Do you mean Haxby? If so, York Golf Club - common known ad Strensall- is about 10 mins away. Fulford is the other side of town around 9 miles.

Voyager EMH

Slipper Wearing Plucker of Pheasants
Visit site
The word "OUTPERFORM" on its own and not in any context. Meaningless.

"all-new" - surely not! They look just the same - shape, size, colour. Not "all-new" then.

"A tiny bit of newness, but you won't notice" - then maybe.

Cleft stick for Titleist marketing dept, however.

"Nothing much new about these latest ones so we are going to flog them at £25 per dozen" might even reduce the amount sold. Bit of a risk, at least.

Newtonuti

Visit site

Ah my nanna lives in Haxey, nice little village. I only started playing golf after I'd moved down to Birmingham, but a load of pals up north like Elsham Golf Club. It's about half an hour from Haxey, or you've got Forest Pines which is Scunthorpe, and has 3 sets of 9 holes, all surrounded by dense pine trees.

Visit site
Another "tight lad from Yorkshire" here. I think I got through last season just playing with balls that I found.....and the odd prize of a sleeve of balls. Handicap stayed the same, despite some health issues, maybe I will treat myself this year, but I can't see my handicap changing significantly.

Pants

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
It's been said before but I'll say it again. Please, please carry on buying new golf balls - and losing them. I've not had to buy a new ball in the last 20 years and probably have enough good quality found balls to last me out, even if I never pick one up out of the rough again.

Yours

A Southern tightwad who isn't swayed by the club and ball manufacturer's wordsmiths ;)

nickjdavis

Head Pro
Visit site
Are they still using the old 1,2,3,4 numbering system?

Makes balls more expensive for me as I do not like playing with balls numbered 2. I usually save these up until I have a dozen number 2's and then flog them.

Luckily my local shop does "high numbered" balls that run from 5 to 8....I have no hangups with this range so am able to get full benefit from a box of 12.

:LOL: