well that is a surprise

tomshanks

Hacker
Visit site
Are they still using the old 1,2,3,4 numbering system?

Makes balls more expensive for me as I do not like playing with balls numbered 2. I usually save these up until I have a dozen number 2's and then flog them.

Luckily my local shop does "high numbered" balls that run from 5 to 8....I have no hangups with this range so am able to get full benefit from a box of 12.

:LOL:

I'm waiting for the day they don't put the numbers on....

"The new and improved 2047 model Pro V1 'Whiteout' features no visible ball markings saving 0.00023g of weigh from the nano dynamic hyperskin outer layer resulting in game changing distances and greenside control"

I'm wasted in my day job, a career in the Titleist marketing team awaits

Neilds

Assistant Pro
Visit site

"The new and improved 2047 model Pro V1 'Whiteout' features no visible ball markings saving 0.00023g of weigh from the nano dynamic hyperskin outer layer resulting in game changing distances and greenside control"

You might be on to something there - surely the writing on the ball will make it unbalanced and spin off course, a plain ball will be so straight.....................

Visit site
I need the next model of AVX to come out. So I can buy the previous model for a sensible price.

I asked for 12 AVX’s at Silvermere. The bloke asked if I’d prefer last years version for £10 less - I bit his arm off and bought an extra box!

Biggest scandal of my golfing year was the lack of the “Titleist 4 for 3” offer in 2022.
Buy 48 balls for the price of 36. It was probably £135 for 48 balls in 2021 and without the offer, even using the same cost per dozen, you’re now looking at £180 for 48 balls.

Then factor in that they’re now £48 per dozen - £192 for 48 balls instead of £135 - so golf ball inflation is around 42%? Crazy.

Voyager EMH

Slipper Wearing Plucker of Pheasants
Visit site
"more consistency" from an inanimate object? :unsure::unsure::unsure:

"Hey ball. Before I hit you, I want you to remember to be more consistent. Or else!"

"Please Mr Retailer, can I have my money back? I have not been more consistent with these balls. As far as consistency goes, I've been exactly the same as I have been with the older balls."

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I asked for 12 AVX’s at Silvermere. The bloke asked if I’d prefer last years version for £10 less - I bit his arm off and bought an extra box!

Biggest scandal of my golfing year was the lack of the “Titleist 4 for 3” offer in 2022.
Buy 48 balls for the price of 36. It was probably £135 for 48 balls in 2021 and without the offer, even using the same cost per dozen, you’re now looking at £180 for 48 balls.

Then factor in that they’re now £48 per dozen - £192 for 48 balls instead of £135 - so golf ball inflation is around 42%? Crazy.

More than some county memberships! Crazy!!!!

Jason.H

Visit site

A lighter ball would not go as far.

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
That would explain why my phone hasn't rung yet!

Ahh but if you remove the weight from the outer shell you can increase the weight of the inside of the ball resulting in the longest ball ever made.

You could even add the added weight to one side of the ball to increase the draw-bias of the ball... :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
I suppose the difference with balls over clubs is that, if you buy new balls, you're going to buy them anyway..so a slight tweak to performance here and there, which will make no difference to the ordinary ary golfer, really becomes irrelevant.
A bit like "new recipe" baked beans...if you buy that brand then you'll still buy that brand unless you don't like the change...which will be virtually indistinguishable from the previous recipe....
Same principle goes through every sector of balls......

srixon 1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
It’s like washing powder which has been improving for the last 70 years. You would think by now with all the improvements that it would make clothes almost invisible.

D-S

Visit site
much as expected.

Old model went on sale at reduced prices in the pro shop today. That's my credit all gone:ROFLMAO:
But according to Titleist by definition these are shorter and more inconsistent than the new model. It shows how good players of yesteryear (by which I mean last year) were that they were able to get round the course with them.