Vice golf balls - experience to date

Alex1975

Tour Winner
Visit site
Did some keep ups with a wedge and performed a few carpet putts so literally my first thoughts. A little clickier than my Bridgestone B330 RXS but that is a huge result as it makes the insert on my putter feel less soft.

jamielaing

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Ordered 12 Pro Plus. Feeling optimistic about them. Will be comparing them to TM TPx and really hoping for an improvement. The price difference is great but I want to feel a difference in them.

I'd also love if they started doing a shooter Pro Plus.

Alex1975

Tour Winner
Visit site
Ordered 12 Pro Plus. Feeling optimistic about them. Will be comparing them to TM TPx and really hoping for an improvement. The price difference is great but I want to feel a difference in them.

I'd also love if they started doing a shooter Pro Plus.

TM TP is a good ball, not sure these will be better? Will as good be good enough?

jamielaing

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
TM TP is a good ball, not sure these will be better? Will as good be good enough?

It is a good ball, I mean an improvement to me. Maybe feels a bit better on and around the greens. I actually feel like I would like a harder feeling ball on the green but that has the same spin on wedge shots. Might be asking too much.

Alex1975

Tour Winner
Visit site
It is a good ball, I mean an improvement to me. Maybe feels a bit better on and around the greens. I actually feel like I would like a harder feeling ball on the green but that has the same spin on wedge shots. Might be asking too much.

You know what, maybe not, provided this thing spins and I believe it does.. I do kind it a little harder feeling off the putter so far and I a review I put in here the other week kinda says the same.

Lets see.

jamielaing

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
You know what, maybe not, provided this thing spins and I believe it does.. I do kind it a little harder feeling off the putter so far and I a review I put in here the other week kinda says the same.

Lets see.

I can only hope! If it reduces scores in some way, that would be brilliant.

jamielaing

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
My Vice Pro+ arrived on Monday so they got 10 holes last night as a tester. At first I didn't like them, especially after the losing the first hit!

My initial observations-

The balls bounce. Like really bounce high. Noticeably more than any other ball I've played.

They are long. Getting huge distance off these. I hit a 3 iron at one point and dropped a Pro V1 for comparison. I felt I struck the Pro V1 better and it was 20 yards behind the Vice.

They don't seem to spin. Now the greens were rock hard and fast but there was just no stopping these balls. The Pro V1 wasn't getting much check but there was some compared to the Vice ball.

Putting wise it felt 'clicky' as people have said but that didn't bother me one bit. Putting with this ball was good generally.

It's durable, 10 holes of play and I can't distinguish it from the other balls that haven't been hit.

Jury's out on these, I will keep trying them for a few rounds before I come to a decision. I do feel like they may just be distance balls though.

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
A premium ball? Mmmmm, on a par with an AD333 Tour is my honest opinion of these.

I've gone back to Z STAR it perfoms best for my game.

Alex1975

Tour Winner
Visit site
My Vice Pro+ arrived on Monday so they got 10 holes last night as a tester. At first I didn't like them, especially after the losing the first hit!

My initial observations-

The balls bounce. Like really bounce high. Noticeably more than any other ball I've played.

They are long. Getting huge distance off these. I hit a 3 iron at one point and dropped a Pro V1 for comparison. I felt I struck the Pro V1 better and it was 20 yards behind the Vice.

They don't seem to spin. Now the greens were rock hard and fast but there was just no stopping these balls. The Pro V1 wasn't getting much check but there was some compared to the Vice ball.

Putting wise it felt 'clicky' as people have said but that didn't bother me one bit. Putting with this ball was good generally.

It's durable, 10 holes of play and I can't distinguish it from the other balls that haven't been hit.

Jury's out on these, I will keep trying them for a few rounds before I come to a decision. I do feel like they may just be distance balls though.

Interesting, keep us up to date please. I have 60 of them but have some Bridgestone and Pro Vs to lose first.

credman82

Medal Winner
Visit site
I have the Pro-Plus balls and can't tell the difference form Pro V1x, Top balls Good in the wind and great control round the greens. they drive incredibly well and the covers hold up well even on full wedge shots but still get loads of spin when you want. I will be buying more for next year.

simplyme

Head Pro
Visit site
Ok I have played 3 rounds with the pro plus now and I am converted. They are a few yards longer off the tee for me, stop just as well as the Pro V's and have faired quite well. Only downside is they seem to discolour a little quicker. 72 ordered :)

jamielaing

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Interesting, keep us up to date please. I have 60 of them but have some Bridgestone and Pro Vs to lose first.

My only issue at the moment is the spin. Although they are predictable (from 10 holes so far) which is good. I'll keep you updated. Again the greens were hard so that may have impacted. I was hoping for a few zipping back but we will see as things progress.

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Some conflicting reports about.

Some hold their colour, others don't.
Some spin as much as a pro v, others not close.

Looks like I will have to order to find out for myself.