Vice golf balls - experience to date

jamielaing

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Some conflicting reports about.

Some hold their colour, others don't.
Some spin as much as a pro v, others not close.

Looks like I will have to order to find out for myself.

Worth trying definitely. I played a medal with them last night. From watching others playing the greens are ridiculously hard so this might explain the lack of spin. No one was getting stop last night.

The balls are consistent, durable, go a long way, nice to putt with. I think I may be coming around...

Fish

Banned
Visit site
Vice balls can't be all that.
I spent more time looking for the bloody things at Gainsborough than any other make.
And the colour fade made them almost impossible to find.
:mad:

I only left 2 out there, it was all a cunning marketing plan requested by Vice for us to allow other people to find and use them and then go onto to buy them :whistle:

happyhacker

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Only deal I've seen so far is buy 5 dozen and get a dozen free. But that was at Christmas time last year.

Love the balls and picked up a brolly (v good quality) and towel last time I was on site.

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Only deal I've seen so far is buy 5 dozen and get a dozen free. But that was at Christmas time last year.

Love the balls and picked up a brolly (v good quality) and towel last time I was on site.

Yep I got brolly, towel and 3 gloves.

jamielaing

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
I previously promised an updated review of these balls having had a bit of time to use them. I've used the pro plus for bounce and medals and so far these may now be the ball of choice.

They are longer (although strangely it seems to be certain clubs- 3 iron has gained something like 20 yards while other irons have stayed the same). This makes absolutely no sense and if I was reading this comment I would call it bull however that is my findings. Other clubs have gained approx 5-10 yards. The upshot being I am using the same club but swinging slower and smoother which is helping my game.

Putting wise I like them although I don't know that others would. They are firmer and clicky feeling but I like the roll of them. My putting woes are documented here but that's most definitely me not the ball. Although I have decided a new putter will cure all!

Chipping- these balls are consistent here. You can judge it well knowing how the ball will react.

Full shots- I'm hitting them well, they fly well, they land consistently. I don't like the sound as they are hit though. Every shot sounds mishit.

Gripes- I lose them!

My only Gripes with this ball is that they don't seem to spin that much. The greens are bone dry at the minute so that may be the cause however I do feel I was getting more before.

I love the branding and next order I will be getting the towel, agree with the above regarding the hat, I'd have one now if it wasn't for the snap back. I do think that you should be able to get the discount if buying a selection (few dozen pro, few dozen pro plus) and I'd like to see the flamingo, shooter etc in the pro plus version. I also think the selection box is a bit of a con as most 'better players' won't want to try the drive and tour balls.

I'd like to try the pro, see if it spins more.

Overall I think they are good compared to the tour preferred x I was using. I'm not sure they are better however I'm going to stick with them for a mass order and then take my judgement.

Grieve14

Head Pro
Visit site
Without searching the whole thread, what are the gloves like? decent fit? true to other manufacturers sizes? hows the wear/stretch?

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
I don't know if any Vice ball owners are interested, but I happened to mention about Vice balls "discolouring" on their Facebook page and have been told that if anybody contacts them to let them know what the problem is and if they are concerned about it, they will look into reimbursement
https://www.facebook.com/#!/vicegolf/?fref=nf

I think mine discoloured more at Gainsborough due to the sheer number of trees I walloped, an hour on the range on return soon sorted that!

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Without searching the whole thread, what are the gloves like? decent fit? true to other manufacturers sizes? hows the wear/stretch?

They are as good as any on the market. Just as soft, wear well, and are longer in the cuff which I like. I take a small and don't seem to stretch much, but I don't wear them consecutive rounds as I alternate.