Vice golf balls - experience to date

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
Nothing to do with the balls but I bought their umbrella. Very nice and sturdy, got similar internal structure to The Blunt umbrellas.

I think all their stuff is pretty good. Got myself a glove when first realised and now don't buy anything else.

Towells are a good size too. Have a great secretion of caps, but my heads not made for em!

D

Deleted member 15344

Had 9 holes this morning before playing a society away day so decided to use the Vice Ball that D4S gave me to try

Looks - has a bit of a duller look about them , a bit off white and the vice symbol just looks weird

Driving - with the driver it gave a feeling that you were hitting a harder ball , didn't notice any drop or increase in distance

Irons - felt ok , gave a deeper this sound when I hit it that just didn't sound right

Chipping - just couldn't get on with it at all , felt like I was chipping with a sponge ball - just couldn't get a crisp contact that I felt comfortable with

Putting - same with the chipping , ball just felt soft coming off the face

After finished 9 holes the ball looked like it was a good couple weeks old

Happy that I gave one a go but won't be going out to buy any

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
I tried a plus one, and my wedges shredded it. A bit like a balata. I quite liked it, but can't see it lasting. The way I lose balls, I still might buy some though.

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I think all their stuff is pretty good. Got myself a glove when first realised and now don't buy anything else.

Towells are a good size too. Have a great secretion of caps, but my heads not made for em!

Yeah I bought a towel to cos it looks different. I wear caps but I'm unsure at mo with theirs even tho you can shape the peak to how you like. Got 3 gloves as well and really like them, very soft leather.

It has to be me!!?? I wouldn't be able to tell from one premium ball to another and distinguish any difference. In fact in a blind test I don't think many of us would know?

S

Snelly

Had a couple of decent rounds with a Vice Pro Plus this weekend; +5 and +2. Didn't lose a ball and still in great nick. Excellent to chip and putt with and long off the tee. I also had a bit of chipping practice comparing it with a Pro V1x and very similar indeed - certainly can get both close to the hole with a soft feel off the face of a wedge.

I haven't experienced any deterioration to the cover from wedge shots so far but my swing with an iron is more of a sweep than a chop which may be a factor?

Those saying that they are rubbish are either trying to be provocative, a bit thick or unable to discern a decent ball from a lump of coal. Probably a mixture of all three given the general quality of their other submissions.

Fish

Banned
Visit site
Had a couple of decent rounds with a Vice Pro Plus this weekend; +5 and +2. Didn't lose a ball and still in great nick. Excellent to chip and putt with and long off the tee. I also had a bit of chipping practice comparing it with a Pro V1x and very similar indeed - certainly can get both close to the hole with a soft feel off the face of a wedge.

I haven't experienced any deterioration to the cover from wedge shots so far but my swing with an iron is more of a sweep than a chop which may be a factor?

Those saying that they are rubbish are either trying to be provocative, a bit thick or unable to discern a decent ball from a lump of coal. Probably a mixture of all three given the general quality of their other submissions.

Couldn't agree more, my short game inside 100 yards and especially around the greens has improved dramatically since using the Vice ball, great feel off the wedges and the putter, my up & down ratio is very good in comparison to my handicap, just need to sort my long game out a bit and at least another decent cut will come before the seasons finished :thup:

Mine do get a bit duller after 2-3 rounds, but then most people on here would be happy with a ball lasting that long anyway :whistle:

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
Couldn't agree more, my short game inside 100 yards and especially around the greens has improved dramatically since using the Vice ball, great feel off the wedges and the putter, my up & down ratio is very good in comparison to my handicap, just need to sort my long game out a bit and at least another decent cut will come before the seasons finished :thup:

Mine do get a bit duller after 2-3 rounds, but then most people on here would be happy with a ball lasting that long anyway :whistle:

Surely if you're attributing your increased short game skill to the ball, the ball should be at fault for the long game too? Excessive spin of bad shots maybe?

i like the vice, it's all I play. But I still think that most of amateurs scoring is down to their respective skill sets. Some always keep it in play, others have a good short game etc, the ball is the last factor to really change their game.

that said, the games as much in our heads as anything else. So as long as people believe what they say re balls then that's what matters most.

Fish

Banned
Visit site
Surely if you're attributing your increased short game skill to the ball, the ball should be at fault for the long game too? Excessive spin of bad shots maybe?

i like the vice, it's all I play. But I still think that most of amateurs scoring is down to their respective skill sets. Some always keep it in play, others have a good short game etc, the ball is the last factor to really change their game.

that said, the games as much in our heads as anything else. So as long as people believe what they say re balls then that's what matters most.

No, I've had a major change to my swing which is affecting my drives off the tee more than my general iron play, it hasn't had much if any effect on my wedge play.

I accept confidence is a huge thing, and where it's most needed in my game is when I miss the greens and need those delicate and committed chips that give me a good opportunity of a single putt and making par, I have no issues with those or bunkers, but if I can combine that confidence and get this new swing and the change in it's set-up more ingrained there's a few more cuts to come this season.

The ball may be 1 small cog in the great wheel to make things work, but if it's 1 less thing to worry about and gives me huge amounts of confidence when it matters, then it's the right ball for me :thup:

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
No, I've had a major change to my swing which is affecting my drives off the tee more than my general iron play, it hasn't had much if any effect on my wedge play.

I accept confidence is a huge thing, and where it's most needed in my game is when I miss the greens and need those delicate and committed chips that give me a good opportunity of a single putt and making par, I have no issues with those or bunkers, but if I can combine that confidence and get this new swing and the change in it's set-up more ingrained there's a few more cuts to come this season.

The ball may be 1 small cog in the great wheel to make things work, but if it's 1 less thing to worry about and gives me huge amounts of confidence when it matters, then it's the right ball for me :thup:

Agree completely!

i just need Vice to release ball with an internal gps to find my drives!

D

Deleted Member 1156

Loving my Pro Plus's, only downside is they do go a bit off colour after 2 or 3 rounds.