Very proud dad thread

SteveW86

Head Pro
Visit site
From what I understand she has done very well and it’s rare that they go backwards. The important thing is it was spotted early and treated straight away.

I couldn’t fault the hospital staff, it has given me a much greater appreciation of our NHS. When diagnosed we joined a couple of Facebook support groups and some other of the figures being quoted by Americans on the costs of care for the same problem were eye watering.

We were also very fortunate that the Southampton hospital is rated extremely highly for hip dysplasia due to the programme they run, it seems they run a 4 week longer programme than normal. They also have a research clinic there funded by an American university, so we are now part of a research programme for hip dysplasia until she is 18. Also very lucky that we live 10 minutes from the hospital so it wasn’t too much of a logistical nightmare going every week, and work just let me turn up late on that day without making up the time.

First night in 16 weeks without a harness on and she is currently snoozing away

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
From what I understand she has done very well and it’s rare that they go backwards. The important thing is it was spotted early and treated straight away.

I couldn’t fault the hospital staff, it has given me a much greater appreciation of our NHS. When diagnosed we joined a couple of Facebook support groups and some other of the figures being quoted by Americans on the costs of care for the same problem were eye watering.

We were also very fortunate that the Southampton hospital is rated extremely highly for hip dysplasia due to the programme they run, it seems they run a 4 week longer programme than normal. They also have a research clinic there funded by an American university, so we are now part of a research programme for hip dysplasia until she is 18. Also very lucky that we live 10 minutes from the hospital so it wasn’t too much of a logistical nightmare going every week, and work just let me turn up late on that day without making up the time.

First night in 16 weeks without a harness on and she is currently snoozing away

I know about Southampton as we do a lot of shared learning with their ICU especially in paediatric ICU so clear to see how it gets rated so highly. Glad things are moving forward and hopefully progress will keep going and that by the time she turns 18 (and has found boys and booze) research will have moved on significantly and that she can benefit

ColchesterFC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
My two boys often get dragged along to craft fairs with Mrs Colch as part of her work when I'm away offshore. Younger Colch Jnr (8 years old) asked if he could make and sell his own products at the fairs so he can make his own money. He decided to make fridge magnets, so I gave him the stake money to buy what he needed to get started (which he will be paying back) and he has been busy making them and taking photos to try to sell them and has put together his own business page on Facebook. Someone shared his page in Plymouth today and he now thinks he's famous.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
My two boys often get dragged along to craft fairs with Mrs Colch as part of her work when I'm away offshore. Younger Colch Jnr (8 years old) asked if he could make and sell his own products at the fairs so he can make his own money. He decided to make fridge magnets, so I gave him the stake money to buy what he needed to get started (which he will be paying back) and he has been busy making them and taking photos to try to sell them and has put together his own business page on Facebook. Someone shared his page in Plymouth today and he now thinks he's famous.

Fair play to him though for showing some ingenuity and desire to earn some cash

lobthewedge

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
My 9 year old daughter won a gold and bronze over the weekend at the Scottish Taekwondo Championships. Shes been strutting about ever since and wore her medals to bed on Saturday.

She does a fair amount of practice on her poor old dad, but seeing her so chuffed makes all the bruises worthwhile!

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
How old do you have to be to be proud of your kids.Daughter rang yesterday to say she had done her qualification shoot with the police. She got 39/40, best of the day and she beat a guy who does royal protection when there in the area. They were taking the mick outta the guy saying a girlie beat ya. All light hearted but she was buzzing.

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site
How old do you have to be to be proud of your kids.Daughter rang yesterday to say she had done her qualification shoot with the police. She got 39/40, best of the day and she beat a guy who does royal protection when there in the area. They were taking the mick outta the guy saying a girlie beat ya. All light hearted but she was buzzing.
Never too old mate,best feeling in the world

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Never too old mate,best feeling in the world

had a natter with her tonight at kids swimming, she said her gaffers had her in. They would like her to go on a five week residential course re personal “ bodyguard”. If that happens guess who has kids a lot. ?

londonlewis

Tour Rookie
www.golfdrawer.com
This thread has me in mixed emotions. One the one hand it is fantastic and on the other quite emotional.
Some of these stories are so great to read for the positive reasons and others have been real eye openers, which I thank those for sharing.

I am a proud father of two young children who I love very much. I am most proud of their kind nature and positive attitudes and as they find their feet in this world, I look forward to supporting them all the way.

That said ... who the hell has been cutting onions whilst I've been reading this thread?

SteveW86

Head Pro
Visit site
How quickly things change with a little baby. Over the course of the last week, little Sophia has discovered she can entertain herself.

She’s learned to roll over and doing it regularly now! So cute!

Wilson

Head Pro
Visit site
A little over six months after she first got on a horse, my small four year old got a horse trotting all on her own, no lead reign/no instructor running alongside her! Considering the horses she rides in her lessons are normally ridden by 8-10 year olds, I was so proud that she got him moving into trot and steered him round.