Very proud dad thread

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site
My son Ryan ran and won the Somerset schools cross country champs today and will now hopefully go onto the nationals[not 100%] sure if this is the route they take but I believe the next level is where he needs to be.

It does seem in this country though that they don't like youngsters running too far and until he is 12 that's when the distance increases and the races get more competitive.

Although he only won by a couple of seconds the first 4 were well clear.

The good news is he is going in the right direction and looked so strong even though the race at 1600 metres is way to short for him.

Don't really know why I was so nervous but I have been all week probably more than him.

D

Deleted member 16999

Great news Tony, please give him my congratulations.

Rooter

Money List Winner
Visit site
That's awesome tony! My 2 eldest are getting into it, entered them for the kids race pre my 10K, it's only 1k but they are training seriously! The boy sprints and knackers himself, but Ruby goes at a sensible pace and runs it all! Just glad they are out and enjoying it! The school does a cross country club from year 5 and they both want in now!

ScienceBoy

Money List Winner
Visit site
My 18 month practically puts himself to bed at 6pm on the dot, if not slightly earlier. Then sleeps through till almost 6 am.

Couldn't be more proud!

Biggest fear outside the standard ones is that he won't keep this habit up. I hear all the horror stories! All my work to build a solid bedtime and daily routine, took me 2 weeks of work, was worth it for the 3 hours my wife and I get to ourselves every night.

Slept like an angel all his life, it's all a new dad could wish for after the usual important things.

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site
Wow it’s been 3 years since the last post.
I thought I would do an update of my son’s progress in Athletics.
I actually went through all the posts again and once again a pleasure to read,some inspirational reads.
Some were just having or had had newborns and are equally as proud.
Ryan is 12 now 13 in July so currently runs U13 races.
He is a full blown member of Taunton athletics club and is currently in the endurance group where he does Tuesday and Thursday with about 20 others.
On Saturday he ran at Bournemouth in the U15 and qualified for the English schools cc at Sefton Park In Liverpool in March and also will run the Nationals at Loughborough the week before.
Yesterday just 2 days after Bournemouth he won the Somerset schools year 8 cc by 21 seconds.
He trains 4 times a week sometimes 5 depending if he has a football match or not.
He plays for Galmington and he’s got a great left foot,currently top goal scorer from left midfield,and will run all day.
Once again super proud and onwards and upwards.

Wolf

Visit site
Just read through this snd nice to see people's happy and proud moments.

As a father of 6 children (4 girls, 2 boys) I've had many moments over the years, my oldest at 15 put on a charity evening for Leukaemia after she lost her best friend to it, during that she choreographed and danced alone a contemporary dance piece to her friends favourite song she pulled the whole thing off depsite the tears flowing from her eyes in front on 300 on looking adults. I held her so tight afterwards and cried with her.

My oldest boy getting a story published when he was 13. My youngest lad competing in national under 15s Go Kart championship at the tender age of 9. My 8 year old daughter placed 3rd in her first ever county gymnastics event. My youngest daughter simply managing to get out of bed is an achievement.

But despite all the above and many other moments over the years one of the things im most proud of is my 14 year old daughter. She came home a few months ago and sat me down saying she wanted a chat, alsorts as parent go through your mind but she sat there calmly and just said "Dad I think im gay, I've got a girlfriend and I simply don't see boys in anyway but friends but I find girls attractive". I was so proud she could come to me, sit and talk calmly about her feelings and give an insight into who she is. We shared a hug, had a chat then went for a milkshake.

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site
It’s a bit of humour and I chuckled when read it.

My 2 and a half year old finds it hilarious when he pumps! Maybe that’s the audience for the comment, but hey, who’s judging?
Well if the thread was what does you child find funny or what does your child do that makes you laugh,then I might of chuckled myself,unfortunately it’s not.

D

Deleted member 15344

It’s a bit of humour and I chuckled when read it.

My 2 and a half year old finds it hilarious when he pumps! Maybe that’s the audience for the comment, but hey, who’s judging?

I couldn’t be more proud of my 2 and a half year old as she now pulls down her nappy and goes for a ? on her potty - she seems to take great delight in saying how smelly it is ? she likes a good fart as well

SteveW86

Head Pro
Visit site
5 months being a dad now, it’s been a bit of a rocky rollercoaster.

Born breech and via c-section, a hip scan at 6 weeks showed she had hip dysplasia. That meant we entered a 16 week programme with her wearing a pavlik harness (first 6 weeks 24/7, then gradually weaning her off it), no delays in the treatment and all being well, tomorrow night will be the last night she has to wear it.

As always when they are this young I think it’s harder on the parents than it is on the baby as they don’t know any different. It has likely had a knock on effect and will delay her rolling over/crawling but I’m sure she will catch up. Unfortunately also rules out trampolines and bouncy castles for her when older.

D

Deleted member 1147

I’m not a father, and at times I’ve wondered if I’ve been missing out as a result.
I’ve decided, based on the wonderful content of this thread, that I am missing out...

... I don’t have anyone else to blame when I fart ?????