Very proud dad thread

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site
Great news Tony, was going to email you to ask if he was alright as Twitter has been quiet.
Great news on his run, big congratulations to him. Make sure he gets plenty of rest as his immune system will be weakened after exerting himself in his run and his sickness last week.

Yes will do mate.
I believe he is now more on Instagram than Twitter,have done a video today but as usual its not great but I will improve over time.

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Very proud of my daughter Lydia.
About three years ago she was in a dead end job she hated.
She had always wanted to be a paramedic but thought she had "missed the boat".
Then our regional ambulance service (SECAMB) started recruiting and she went for an interview to become a controller. She passed with flying colours and for the past two years had been based in Lewes answering emergency calls etc. She absolutely loved it, but still hankered after being at the "sharp end".
She has now passed all of her exams and tests to become an emergency care support worker, and after four weeks of intensive driving tests now finds herself operating out of Polegate as an ambulance driver!
She is going to continue in this role for the next couple of years whilst studying to get her "dream" job as a paramedic. I have absolutely no doubt whatsoever that she will achieve this. Every test and exam she has taken, she has passed with flying colours. Nothing is holding her back in her desire to reach her goal.
I love her to bits, and am as proud as anything that she is doing so well.
15622116_10154887910543139_1996454891599822262_n.jpg16114421_10154369661433261_7327551992072174715_n.jpg16252252_10154394901533261_8709698427750926492_o.jpg

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site
Then our regional ambulance service (SECAMB) started recruiting and she went for an interview to become a controller. She passed with flying colours and for the past two years had been based in Lewes answering emergency calls etc. She absolutely loved it, but still hankered after being at the "sharp end".
She has now passed all of her exams and tests to become an emergency care support worker, and after four weeks of intensive driving tests now finds herself operating out of Polegate as an ambulance driver!
She is going to continue in this role for the next couple of years whilst studying to get her "dream" job as a paramedic. I have absolutely no doubt whatsoever that she will achieve this. Every test and exam she has taken, she has passed with flying colours. Nothing is holding her back in her desire to reach her goal.
View attachment 21856View attachment 21857View attachment 21858

Well done her that's commitment for you thanks for sharing mate.

D

Deleted member 21258

Some very moving stories above.

I just wish to see my two children healthy and happy in life, the rest is just details.

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Well done her that's commitment for you thanks for sharing mate.

Her ultimate aim would be to get on the helicopters but I don't think it's an easy procedure to move up to there from the Ambulance service.
They have to apply from outside I think (if I understood my last conversation with her properly!!).
:mad:

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Proud of my daughter. Doing a 3 day a week volunteering job working in Amnesty International Internal Comms department in the AI International Secretariat London; 2 days working for a financial adviser practice - not because she wants to go into that area - but it's good experience on the CV - and she gets paid; and works long shifts Sat and/or Sunday at the golf club.

Proud of my son: ploughing his own furrow. Doing whatever temporary work he can get to enable him to pursue his passion in music - his band and putting on shows and min-festivals. Just hoping he'll soon be able to stand on his own and not depend upon Bank of MAD :)

talking of which - his bands new released music - OK so no everyone's bag :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gmZYYlr2XCs

Spear-Chucker

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Proud of my daughter. Doing a 3 day a week volunteering job working in Amnesty International Internal Comms department in the AI International Secretariat London; 2 days working for a financial adviser practice - not because she wants to go into that area - but it's good experience on the CV - and she gets paid; and works long shifts Sat and/or Sunday at the golf club.

Proud of my son: ploughing his own furrow. Doing whatever temporary work he can get to enable him to pursue his passion in music - his band and putting on shows and min-festivals. Just hoping he'll soon be able to stand on his own and not depend upon Bank of MAD :)

talking of which - his bands new released music - OK so no everyone's bag :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gmZYYlr2XCs

Good to hear your lads music again, they're tremendous.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Good to hear your lads music again, they're tremendous.

Cheers - I'll let him know. Apparently they are quite tight...and on the verge of 'breaking' in the scene - or so he tells me...I dunno. He tells me they are signed to US and a Chinese 'labels' and hoping to go to China this year. They seem particularly popular in Germany.

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Her ultimate aim would be to get on the helicopters but I don't think it's an easy procedure to move up to there from the Ambulance service.
They have to apply from outside I think (if I understood my last conversation with her properly!!).
:mad:

sent you a PM

Spear-Chucker

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Cheers - I'll let him know. Apparently they are quite tight...and on the verge of 'breaking' in the scene - or so he tells me...I dunno. He tells me they are signed to US and a Chinese 'labels' and hoping to go to China this year. They seem particularly popular in Germany.

That's excellent news! Fingers crossed for them as it's such a tough environment these days. Exposure has never been better with so many online media outlets but earning a living is tough to start with. Can see the US picking them up, the hardcore scene is really strong there, particularly Florida of all places... Their type of music is soooo hard to play well, song construction and timing has to be flawless. They've no worries!!

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
That's excellent news! Fingers crossed for them as it's such a tough environment these days. Exposure has never been better with so many online media outlets but earning a living is tough to start with. Can see the US picking them up, the hardcore scene is really strong there, particularly Florida of all places... Their type of music is soooo hard to play well, song construction and timing has to be flawless. They've no worries!!

Though I might not be the greatest fan of their music when I listen I can 'get it' - and I can certainly hear that they are good instrumentally. My son writes most of their stuff - well I think he comes up with the structure and the basic ideas and the other guys do their stuff to develop the track. It is tough - it's a real struggle - but he is convinced if they keep going they are good enough to get there (wherever that is) - and your feedback is encouraging - for ME :)

And of course - do spread the word amongst fellow hard core fans :thup:

Last edited:

ADB

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

Hi Rob, my brother is a senior paramedic in the London Ambulance Service if she needs any advice / guidance. Let me know mate.

Wish her well and you should be proud!

D

Deleted member 15344

That's brilliant Smithy and you should rightly feel proud - always will have the upmost respect for any paramedic

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Hi Rob, my brother is a senior paramedic in the London Ambulance Service if she needs any advice / guidance. Let me know mate.

Wish her well and you should be proud!

Thanks mate. Will be seeing her Friday and pass your comments on.

That's brilliant Smithy and you should rightly feel proud - always will have the upmost respect for any paramedic

Same as that Phil. She loves her job. Her eyes light up whenever she talks about it. And she has made some amazing new friends.
Just got a bit worried whilst she was going through her driver training, especially in the response cars, but she assured me that all the things I had advised her about when I used to ride motorbikes helped her no end, which made me feel good.
I was always acutely aware of road conditions, road layout, and looking ahead for potential dangers, and I used to tell her what I was doing through the intercoms in the helmets. This gave her good road craft and she said it helped her no end during her training. At least I did something right!

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
Thanks mate. Will be seeing her Friday and pass your comments on.

Same as that Phil. She loves her job. Her eyes light up whenever she talks about it. And she has made some amazing new friends.
Just got a bit worried whilst she was going through her driver training, especially in the response cars, but she assured me that all the things I had advised her about when I used to ride motorbikes helped her no end, which made me feel good.
I was always acutely aware of road conditions, road layout, and looking ahead for potential dangers, and I used to tell her what I was doing through the intercoms in the helmets. This gave her good road craft and she said it helped her no end during her training. At least I did something right!

Its a great feeling when your kid's do well. I wish her the best of luck!