USPGA Chat and banter

HTL

Tour Winner
Visit site
+6 C Montgomerie 18
+7 L Westwood 18

Westwood, what are you playing at? Anyone else reckon he has peaked too early? His putting has been awful recently.

TonyN

Money List Winner
Visit site
What time english did it kick off, sopcast says coverage is 19:00 untill 01:00 but the channels are offline!

HTL

Tour Winner
Visit site
You can get it on the Sky Sports website TonyN (i think)

The commentators are going on about the stack and tilt swing, any of us using it or tried it?

Cernunnos

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Harrington can't put a foot or barely a club wrong, if he'd had sandles on he could have been walking over the wet stuff.

Darren Clarkes short stick not performing as well this week, though he is looking quite comfy with the Yes putter he's using

JB holmes had a great shot into one hole & then threw his putter on the next.

VJ Singh is having an up & down round, where his lovely looking short game left him in a bunker out of the rough.

Harrington has just made a lovely 265 yard 3 wood short of the water & then 7 iron into a sudden gust of wind coming down short of the green... Still great play.

Cernunnos

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
harrington just handed his lead to Goosen, who's playing some steady golf. But what else would you expect from Goosen, ever the steady player.

John Daly not doing too bad, but he does not look at all comfortable with his putter, almost as if its going to give him an electric shock every time it touches a ball.

Karlsson is one of the suprises so far & is clubhouse leader, especially as a lot of the early starters have had bad rounds.

Rocco Mediate seems to have taken Mr Woods's place as crowd favorite in the states.

Cernunnos

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
wasn't knocking what he'd won, just supprised by how many ungainly swings in the states are as sucseful as they are.

Furyk, now theres an unusual swing, the odd thing is knowing what he does & why & the way it flows, it doesn't look ungainly.

But Perry & Rocco, now I'm a big fan of Rocco as a character, but how he nearly beat Woods a little while ago he must have some realy tallent alng with Perry to do as well as they do with some horendous swing faults. Now they're not the only ones, some better & worse players than others. Their course management must be brilliant & the control of a repeatably bad swing is obviously better than someone with a good swing that has no consitency. That's the differnce between us amateurs & the Pro's

As for Jeev, now I quite like his swing, even though its odd & does have a swing fault that many of us amateurs have, or maybe because of.

HTL

Tour Winner
Visit site
Just watched a bloke in a blue polo and white hat (forgot his name) his swing was awful, he came over the top and it all jut looked awful but it was repeatable and it worked for him.

Interesting point made a while ago about low handicap golfers at peoples courses often having bad swings and faults in their game but because they knew the game so well and could repeat their swing they were successful.

(Worded that sentence awful but im watching the golf)

Jonny_Stevenson

Medal Winner
Visit site
Anyone else watching the coverage on sky? coverage is very limited.

Yeah I am. Very limited indeed.

Not sure what hole he hit the wedge on but it was miles off line.

I notice Westwood has managed to blame the course for his 77. Which is kind of stupid when there are some decent scores being put together out there by others.

Cernunnos

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Just watched a bloke in a blue polo and white hat (forgot his name) his swing was awful, he came over the top and it all jut looked awful but it was repeatable and it worked for him.

Interesting point made a while ago about low handicap golfers at peoples courses often having bad swings and faults in their game but because they knew the game so well and could repeat their swing they were successful.

(Worded that sentence awful but im watching the golf)

One of the mates I work with has a very odd swings, yet he can send a 9 iron about as far as most of us can get a 6 iron or 5 iron. His swing is repeatable & he's a low handicap player. There again, his swing isn't ungainly, its just odd & full of faults, you wouldn't believe how strong his grip is either. but still smooth in its own way.

My other mate, the one I usually play with thinks the low handicap mate of ours should have lessons. My reaction is although he has a point, don't mess with something that works.