US Open

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 1147

I’ve never seen DJ so animated and agitated. He’s normally so laconic and seemingly unaffected by everything, but today everything seems to be bothering him .

Fish

Banned
Visit site
I’ve never seen DJ so animated and agitated. He’s normally so laconic and seemingly unaffected by everything, but today everything seems to be bothering him .

Constantly staring into the crowd at times whilst prowling around his ball on the green. He takes far too much time on the green with his caddie and all that aim point bullshit, he’s been watching the ladies too much 😜

D

Deleted member 16999

Well done Tommy Fleetwood, great final round and posting such a great score it held the interest to the end.

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
Well I didn't get to watch anywhere near as much live coverage as I wanted due to unsociable hours but I don't think it was a particularity good advert/example of one of the most important events on golfs calendar (even without Phil's antics)

I want to see it tough and applaud the cracking shots these guys are capable of (I definitely don't want -20 target golf) but surely there's more than one way to toughen a course than this approach, it just seems to lack imagination

I cant help thinking that when Wimbledon comes round they might want to raise the net 6" so we just see countless double faults for two weeks and that will compare well to the last four days

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Personally i enjoyed it for a change.

Some of the comments from some of they players just shows how spoilt they are. complaints about how firm it is and the wind... all 7-10 MPH of it. Most tournaments now are target golf on soft ish receptive greens.

Poulter in particulate, well Ian it was nothing to do with the course that you bladed it out a bunker, duffed you chip into thick rough then knobbed it short, on one hole earlier in the competition:

Junior

Tour Winner
Visit site
There were a few stupid pin positions on the third day. That's it. Other than that, i thought it was entertaining.

Captainron

Big Hitting, South African Sweary Person
Visit site
I thought it was a great tournament. Lots of potential winners right up until the last 2 holes really. Yes there were some extreme pins on day 3 but I loved it all. The course is just fantastic though. Great test.

pogle

Head Pro
Visit site
How about that shot after someone shouts when he’s about to hit!

I don't know which shot or player you are talking about here, but I did notice throughout the entire four days that occasionally the pictures and sound would get out of sync by a few seconds, presumably because they've delayed the picture by a few second but left the effects microphones live. It was most noticeable when you heard that awful sound of the ball hitting the bottom of the cup and rattling around while the ball was still on its way to the hole!

D

Deleted member 15344

It’s always amusing when people try to equate playing conditions at an US Open to their own course - not one of us would have played anything like what they faced on Saturday especially - the players don’t moan that often but it wasn’t just players it was caddie , coaches , commentators all saying the same thing - they didn’t moan when bad shots were punished they complained when they knew a good shot would be punished making the course close to being unplayable. You would have thought they would have learned from 2006 but you would hope they would learn this time

Kellfire

Blackballed
Visit site
Were there shots where only sheer chance decided the outcome, not skills? Yes there were.

That removes skill from the game. That's not good.

D

Deleted member 3432

Very interesting that Brooks Koepka has no club contract and is playing a mixed bag.

As was Patrick Reed at the Masters.

Maybe something in this....Rory, Tiger et al are you watching?

Pin-seeker

Visit site
Very interesting that Brooks Koepka has no club contract and is playing a mixed bag.

As was Patrick Reed at the Masters.

Maybe something in this....Rory, Tiger et al are you watching?

It wouldn’t make a difference for Rory,he uses TM because they’re the best clubs/ball for him 😁

MadAdey

Money List Winner
Visit site
Were there shots where only sheer chance decided the outcome, not skills? Yes there were.

That removes skill from the game. That's not good.

This is my issue at times with the US Open. To me, Sunday had the course set up perfectly. Some difficult pins that anyone trying to get too close and getting it wrong got punished, but it was still possible to attack them if you got it right. To make a score yesterday you had to hit good drives, good approaches and make putts, the course still wasn't going to roll over and let you take it apart unless you played out of your skin.

Only 15 out of 67 players managed to break par yesterday and out of that only 4 players managed better than 2 under. To me that is a perfectly set up course, your not going to finish the weekend with crazy low totals. But what we will see is the best players able to play good shots without being punished by bad luck.