US Open

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 18121

Seriously ? I don’t think you understand the issues the course had yesterday and today there is a grand total of 5 players under par out of the 30 odd playing. Birdie Fest ? Maybe you aren’t confused or watching a repeat of an old Comp

Yesterday the course punished good shots , Pin’s were in places that made it near on impossible to stop the ball close even from putts , players couldn’t even put their ball back on the green as it couldn’t stop moving because the greens got that bad - they lost the greens and they have even admitted it.

It’s nor a birdie fest today - far from it , it’s being a fairer test where good shots get the reward but bad shots still get punished as well as being at its softest but it’s going to firm up .To suggest the course is easy is laughable but also suggests a lack of understanding

😁😂🤣 You never fail to amaze me Phil. What's it like up there on your high horse?

For me today is a total disappointment, they've pandered to all the whining and moaning and made it too easy. It should have been kept to the same level and may the best man win.

D

Deleted member 15344

😁😂🤣 You never fail to amaze me Phil. What's it like up there on your high horse?

For me today is a total disappointment, they've pandered to all the whining and moaning and made it too easy. It should have been kept to the same level and may the best man win.

Total rubbish to even suggest it’s too easy - they have watered the greens because if they didn’t they would be unplayable - simple as that they couldn’t play golf on them if they didn’t water them. It’s firsf thing out there , the wind hasn’t got up yet and the sun isn’t at the height , they are going to dry up but not to the ridiculous level of yesterday -

Everyone was saying the same thing yesterday - the players , the commentators , caddies , coaches - it was a joke and as bad as when the same thing happened in 2006

So they haven’t pandered to the moaning they have kept the course playable and suggesting it’s “too easy” is laughable. Leaving it would have made the competition a complete joke and a laughing stock

BubbaP

Occasional Player of Golf
Visit site
Suspect many of us can relate to these kind of swings, but for different reasons ....
"Rickie Fowler's 65 today was 19 shots better than his effort yesterday"

JohnnyDee

Tour Winner
Visit site
Sounding like the pillock quotient in the crowd is dangerously high already. Even before they get totally bladdered.

Shouting the moronic chant of ‘USA USA!’ when Poulter hits a shot is one example. Really? Get a life you dolts!

18 months of Trump in power seems to have done nothing to add even the slightest hint of subtlety to their sensibilities or indeed levels of class.

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site

Well if there’s room on his high horse I’d rather join him than listen to someone who doesn’t seem to understand that setting up a golf course that punishes good and bad shots in equal measure is not good for the game.

nickjdavis

Head Pro
Visit site
Do we really want to see a player deliberately hit a moving ball as it passes a hole to ensure they win a competition?

eh????

How on Earth can deliberately playing at a moving ball in the manner that PM did increase your chances of winning a competition?

Its an instant 2 shot penalty (plus the actual stroke at the moving ball) whereas a better option would be to proceed under the unplayable ball rule and replay the putt you've just made under a 1 stroke penalty.

I don't see in any way how what PM did was advantageous to him....other than it saved him walking 20yds down a hill to get to where his ball would finally come to rest.

There is a difference between "playing a stroke at a moving ball" which is what PM did, and Exerting Influence on a Moving ball.

Whether you agree with what he did or not (I don't....there was a better option available to him if he'd thought about if for a second)...the baying pack calling for him to be DQ'd from the comp for a rules breach are just plain wrong.

Reemul

Head Pro
Visit site
eh????

How on Earth can deliberately playing at a moving ball in the manner that PM did increase your chances of winning a competition?

Its an instant 2 shot penalty (plus the actual stroke at the moving ball) whereas a better option would be to proceed under the unplayable ball rule and replay the putt you've just made under a 1 stroke penalty.

I don't see in any way how what PM did was advantageous to him....other than it saved him walking 20yds down a hill to get to where his ball would finally come to rest.

There is a difference between "playing a stroke at a moving ball" which is what PM did, and Exerting Influence on a Moving ball.

Whether you agree with what he did or not (I don't....there was a better option available to him if he'd thought about if for a second)...the baying pack calling for him to be DQ'd from the comp for a rules breach are just plain wrong.

Rubbish, absolute rubbish. Even my 2 kids, aged 11 and 8 thought it was disgusting, both play golf and they were gob smacked, this is the sort of crap we don't want in golf. A strong message should have been sent immediately. DQ and no one think doing this is ever acceptable.

I tell you something if a playing partner of mine ever chased a ball down the green like that I wouldn't be playing with him again.

D

Deleted member 15344

Now this is exciting- some the worlds best going at it and attacking a course.

Backsticks

Assistant Pro
Banned
Visit site
The USGA has lost this golf course, and it is making a mockery of the best golfers in the world supposedly tested to their limits to win a major. It birdies galore out there. They are destroying a great coarse with a great history, that has been made defenseless. Just makes the US Open a lottery, rather then finding the best golfer. May as well putt through the clowns mouth and down the roller coaster. What a shambles.

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
The USGA has lost this golf course, and it is making a mockery of the best golfers in the world supposedly tested to their limits to win a major. It birdies galore out there. They are destroying a great coarse with a great history, that has been made defenseless. Just makes the US Open a lottery, rather then finding the best golfer. May as well putt through the clowns mouth and down the roller coaster. What a shambles.

Apart from the birdie comment, is this post not 24 hours too late?

D

Deleted member 15344

That’s a brilliant round from Fleetwood - maybe one too many but a lot of holes to play yet

D

Deleted member 15344

Is there anyone that really thinks yesterday is better to watch than this today - some brilliant golf that is getting rewarded but there are also some horrors and poor shots that are getting punished. This is what the Majors should be