US Open 2023

BubbaP

Occasional Player of Golf
Visit site
1. On the leaderboard graphic the leaders are shown as teeing of at 6:40, which timezone is that?

2. Have any spectators ever said, "what I want to see more of is golfers arriving and walking? "

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 15344

1. On the leaderboard graphic the leaders are shown as teeing of at 6:40, which timezone is that?

2. Have any spectators ever said, "what I want to see more of is golfers arriving and walking?

Believe it’s eastern us time

timd77

Assistant Pro
Visit site

2. Have any spectators ever said, "what I want to see more of is golfers arriving and walking?
Was just wondering this myself. So the leaders are teeing off around 3.30pm LA time, seems very late, finishing around 8.30-9.

D

Deleted member 1147

2. I doubt many spectators have been asked their thoughts on that
particular aspect

Chef1924

Visit site
Time difference very frustrating.
Hoping the leaders aren't going out as late tomorrow for the final round. Surely they have to allow some time for a potential play off?
Think I will stick the phone on aeroplane mode and watch when I get up tomorrow.

ExRabbit

Club Champion
Visit site
Never been much of a fan of 'Young Rickie', but he's had a good return to form, so I hope he wins if Rory stumbles again.

I think if Rory wins this he will win a few more. Not sure about the Masters though.

Rlburnside

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Time difference very frustrating.
Hoping the leaders aren't going out as late tomorrow for the final round. Surely they have to allow some time for a potential play off?
Think I will stick the phone on aeroplane mode and watch when I get up tomorrow.
What difference will putting phone on aeroplane mode make?

BubbaP

Occasional Player of Golf
Visit site
Leaders at 22:30 tonight.
-4 best score yesterday, if similar setup then looks like the winner may be from the top six or so

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Don't like this course at all.

Just super-thick rough, super-quick greens and boring views of skyscrapers.
Fitzpatrick’s thoughts in an interview about the rough just off the fairways were not particularly complimentary…though I have a feeling that as he said them he was wondering if he should actually say what he was thinking.

Last edited:

BrianM

Head Pro
Visit site
Would love to see Rickie get over the line, but Rory has been excellent all week.
Rory's driving is nothing short of phenomenal, Imagine having half of that Driving ability :ROFLMAO:
I'm not ruling Scheffler completely out of it with the type of course it is and I don't know anything about Clark to be honest.

Wabinez

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Don't like this course at all.

Just super-thick rough, super-quick greens and boring views of skyscrapers.

opinions are fine…but this course is one of the best US Open venues we have had in recent years. Absolutely cracking course with some proper risk/reward opportunities.

love the balance of the front 9 being where you need to make your score and the back 9 being where you hold on for dear life.

shame we might need to wait until 2030s to see LACC again

Springveldt

Visit site
opinions are fine…but this course is one of the best US Open venues we have had in recent years. Absolutely cracking course with some proper risk/reward opportunities.

love the balance of the front 9 being where you need to make your score and the back 9 being where you hold on for dear life.

shame we might need to wait until 2030s to see LACC again
Course has looked decent with a few interesting holes and the setup has been much better than recent US Open's.

The fans on the other hand, it seems completely devoid of any atmosphere. Seems like it's full of the prawn sandwich brigade.