Unreasonable delay for new irons???

Jensen

Tour Rookie
Visit site
An update, if anyone was interested...

After more than a week passed with no response from AG, having given them a 31 Jan delivery deadline, I emailed them again stating that I considered our contract at an end and posted a negative review on Trustpilot.
Within an hour of the review, I received a response, guaranteeing delivery within a week, but admitting that all the clubs hadn't actually arrived from Ping yet.

After a few days of pressing the frontline staff to escalate, the customer services manager contacted me.
After a further week of email arguments (they wouldn't phone me to have a conversation), during which various bits of consumer protection legislation were selectively misrepresented and misquoted at me, I spoke to Trading Standards. They confirmed the legal standpoint.
When you order any product in any physical store, even if it is customised, the trader is legally obliged to provide a delivery date. This can only be more than 30 days if the customer expressly agrees to it.
If you've made it clear to the trader that the product is required by a certain date and they miss it, then they have breached the contract and you can demand a refund.
Within 48 hours of mentioning Trading Standards and telling AG that I was initiating a Sec 75 claim through the bank, a full refund has hit my bank account.
I'll be having a leisurely fitting with a local independent once lockdown ends. Maybe get some nice Mizunos.

So if anyone is in the market for a set of G410 irons, green lie +0.5", they'll probably be appearing on the AG website soon.
Ironically, they'll likely sell them within an hour and make just as much profit. But they've alienated a customer who's told plenty of other potential customers.

Now you’ve received a full refund, take a look at:-

1. Callaway Apex DCB
2. Srixon ZX5
3. Ping G425

Winner, winner chicken dinner

RichA

Visit site
Why didn't you at least wait until the beginning of march. Ironically they probably would have arrived before you could have used them anyway. Now you probably won't get a set for a good while. Unless I'm missing something. I haven't read all the posts
I ordered them in a bit of a rush so my wife could give them to me for my 50th birthday, after the fitter assured me they would be delivered at the beginning of December. If I'd been told the deadline was totally impossible, then there would be no point rushing and I'd have taken my time, researched and tested all the available options, as I intend to do now.
After all, these will be my first set of brand new fitted clubs and I won't be replacing them until my 100th.

RichA

Visit site
Used Snainton for plenty of off the shelf stuff, but I like a cheeky discount online and GOLF10 doesn't seem to work with them anymore.
I've learned my lesson and I'll prob go local for the irons after a proper fitting.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Used Snainton for plenty of off the shelf stuff, but I like a cheeky discount online and GOLF10 doesn't seem to work with them anymore.
I've learned my lesson and I'll prob go local for the irons after a proper fitting.
SG10 works most of the time..

iinmon

Visit site
Hope you've gotten your clubs by now. But don't order the G425's you'll run into same problem with Ping.
I ordered the G425s in April, told by Ping fitter it would be 4 to 6 weeks. Just told after 7 week wait that they will not even start to build my clubs for another 8 weeks.
Luckily I'm working with a good retailer so I will be getting my money back and getting fitted with a different brand of clubs.
This whole thing sucks, was really sold on the Ping brand. Love the new driver I got last year, but this kind of delay a deal breaker.

BridgfordBlue

Visit site
Hope you've gotten your clubs by now. But don't order the G425's you'll run into same problem with Ping.
I ordered the G425s in April, told by Ping fitter it would be 4 to 6 weeks. Just told after 7 week wait that they will not even start to build my clubs for another 8 weeks.
Luckily I'm working with a good retailer so I will be getting my money back and getting fitted with a different brand of clubs.
This whole thing sucks, was really sold on the Ping brand. Love the new driver I got last year, but this kind of delay a deal breaker.

Surprised at that, I ordered G425s in April, as well as two ping glide wedges and a G425 max driver. Had them all within two weeks.

RichA

Visit site
Ordered them early April. Arrived in 2 1/2 weeks. I think there are delays with all the manufacturers now.

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site

Be careful with the brand you choose. My pro told me other manufacturers are an even longer wait than Ping.

Waitforme

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Ordered custom Ping G425 irons on 3rd May. Told 5 weeks. got call 2 days later saying it will now be 8 weeks.

How custom were they ?

I ordered a set of G425 irons , steel shaft, red dot , regular shaft / grip. Pro told me Ping quoted 23 days which was 3rd June for delivery.
No sign of them yet.
If they are going to be 8 weeks then I’ll cancel , buy a 2nd hand set and reorder in the winter when there is less demand.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Interesting snippet from the latest MyGolfSpy podcast...
There could be a shortage of golf balls this time next year due to supply of the raw materials involved.
Plenty at the moment but they think retail supply could begin to suffer in the Spring...

Neilds

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I had a wedge fitting with the club pro about 2/3 weeks ago. Tried Ping, Cleveland, Vokeys and Callaway. He offered me Taylormade but said the wait was until September so didn’t bother with them! Settled on Cleveland RTX Zipcore, still waiting but Pro is away this week so hopefully will have an update next week

D

Deleted member 3432

I had a wedge fitting with the club pro about 2/3 weeks ago. Tried Ping, Cleveland, Vokeys and Callaway. He offered me Taylormade but said the wait was until September so didn’t bother with them! Settled on Cleveland RTX Zipcore, still waiting but Pro is away this week so hopefully will have an update next week

We had a Srixon demo day a few weeks back. I have 3 Cleveland wedges on order following this. The 2 fitters reckoned 6 weeks was about average turn round time on orders and all manufacturers were in the same boat at present.

This issue is delay or shortage of components, no different to the difficulties many other industries are facing.

Feeling smug about getting my irons back in November before these delays started biting.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Had a fitting for Ping i210s on 15th April.

Last update I got was they’ll be with me middle of this month. Am I bothered? Not that much. I’ve gone 17yrs with my current irons, and so 2month wait for a new set isn’t such a big deal for me. Apparently Ping (as all manufacturers?) are having delivery (or/and demand exceeding supply) issues with shafts for irons.

I’ve got my three new G425 ‘woods‘ a few weeks back and two Glide wedges a week ago - and so I am spending my time whilst I wait working out how to use these. Time well spent - eventually...

Skypilot

Assistant Pro
Visit site
How custom were they ?

I ordered a set of G425 irons , steel shaft, red dot , regular shaft / grip. Pro told me Ping quoted 23 days which was 3rd June for delivery.
No sign of them yet.
If they are going to be 8 weeks then I’ll cancel , buy a 2nd hand set and reorder in the winter when there is less demand.
Nothing exceptional...
.5 longer
Oversize grips (Orange)
Blue dot
Graphite reg shafts
I was told 5 weeks which would have been 3rd June as well. I made it clear I wanted to know if this changed. Then got the call a couple of days later saying 8 weeks.
I assume you've chased the supplier to see what they say?