Unreasonable delay for new irons???

Canfordhacker

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Just as a comparative experience. I was fitted at a local golf club (not my own) in September and ordered a full set of Callaways, with the expectation of a 6-8 week delivery time. Expectations managed that due to parts and Covid may be longer. I paid a 25% deposit. Regular phone calls to keep me in touch from the pro shop. In November I was told the irons were still in China and expected in UK January, but I should get the wedges and woods by Christmas. Picked those up 2 days before Christmas, (paid another 25%) and got one round in before lockdown. Irons duly arrived two weeks ago, and I was able to click and collect at club house - paid over phone, he left them in the porch at a pre arranged time for me to pick up.

So the timescales similar to yours, but my customer experience much better. I put that down to selection of AG vs club pro shop. The club have left a couple of members of staff on reduced hours managing things like deliveries and managing customers, keeping things ticking over. My view is that it is winter, there's a pandemic on. Yes there were delays, but I got what I wanted and am in a position to play day one re-opening.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Even when you eventually get the 410’s, take them home and go back the next day and use their 30 day price promise:

Returns and Refunds
At American Golf, we want you to be able to shop with confidence. Should you be dissatisfied with a purchase from the American Golf website, you may return unused products in their original packaging and with any labels within 30 days of receipt for a full refund.

Then order the 425’s, I know it means another delay, but you get the latest Clubs.

This ? come what May I have had another email today from AG selling there wares. They are open for business, all be it in a reduced capacity. Does that mean a customer has to accept a lower standard of customer care. Not one bit. Oct - Jan waiting for new clubs is taking the mickey.
I would cancel and get new clubs from elsewhere. ?

casuk

Head Pro
Visit site
Afternoon all,

I'm in a similar situation waiting for my new clubs and as annoying as it is these are not normal times and I was pre-warned!

I decided to purchase a set of new irons as previously been using a second hand set of Dunlop's and felt the time was right to buy my own set that were mine from new. Contacted a local club who do customer fitting on several different brands and arranged an appointment with the club Pro on the 2nd November and tried various different clubs. The Pro suggested trying the Mizuno JPX921 HotMetal which I got on great with but before I had even hit a ball with them he warned me it could be up to 6 weeks for delivery due to a shortage of heads and shafts at Mizuno in Scotland.

After we had found the right combination that worked best for me and going through the data I was happy enough to go ahead with the purchase which he kindly priced matched from the internet (I believe it was Clubhouse Golf) and as we were about to go into another Lockdown he said we were looking at delivery around Christmas week all being well. He did say I could pay a deposit and the rest on collection but whilst I had the cash I payed up front in full (5-SW)

Once Christmas had passed and no news I went to the club to use the range, and decided to pop into the shop to see if they had any update. No clubs had arrived so was told it would probably be the following week but as the Pro who fitted me wasn't available it was best to email him. Sent an email just to check for an update and he informed me he would contact his Mizuno rep and find out and get back to me. I have now been told that the components are due to Mizuno on 28th January and expected delivery will be early Feb to the club but as they are not offering a click and collect service I will just have to wait until Lockdown is lifted to be able to collect them.

As frustrating as it is waiting for some nice new clubs, if the parts are not available what can you do!! And although I have a net in the garden its not the same as being able to play out on the course. I certainly haven't considered canceling my order as I'd be back to the back of the queue and it also hasn't put me off ordering clubs again in the future.
Affordable golf wait time for the 921 was mid February that was in November, which put me off getting a fit to wait that long, I ended up getting some d7 forged at a steal and I'm glad I did wonderful irons

sunshine

Visit site
I wonder how my mate got a set of custom fit i210 irons in about a week not long before Xmas?

I think we already have one answer to this question - your mate didn't order grips.

It's another component that is faced with delays in the supply chain.

essexguy194

Visit site
Hello All,

I got fit 24th October for some Mizuno Hot Metals, was told by the fitter at the time up to 5 weeks. Around a week after i was informed they had been contacted by mizuno that clubs were delayed to 01/01/21. Then in the middle of December i was told they had again been delayed , mizuno expected the stock 18th jan and should be able to deliver by end of jan. My clubs were ready for me to collect on 22/01/21. The only thing i did find a bit annoying was the initial 5 week estimate for a week later to be changed to 10, did make me think surely they must of known that at the time, which maybe would of then influenced me to pick something else. At the same time though after you have had a fitting and you choose a club that you think suits you the most, would it really be a good idea to use something else just because it might turn up quicker?

Cant really fault my fitter as they kept me updated and to be fair cant really fault mizuno either, as although i didnt ever deal directly with mizuno whenever i asked for an update the fitter was back to me same day, which means mizuno was back to them very quickly too.

Wont say the wait was easy though, especially when everyone keeps asking where your new clubs are lol. That being said given that in the time from ordering to picking up we have two lockdowns in England and it is over the less desirable weather months, i wouldnt have been able to use them a lot anyway.

Short story... the wait is horrible... once they turn up though, beautiful!
Now just the wait for the courses to be allowed open :)

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Hello All,

I got fit 24th October for some Mizuno Hot Metals, was told by the fitter at the time up to 5 weeks. Around a week after i was informed they had been contacted by mizuno that clubs were delayed to 01/01/21. Then in the middle of December i was told they had again been delayed , mizuno expected the stock 18th jan and should be able to deliver by end of jan. My clubs were ready for me to collect on 22/01/21. The only thing i did find a bit annoying was the initial 5 week estimate for a week later to be changed to 10, did make me think surely they must of known that at the time, which maybe would of then influenced me to pick something else. At the same time though after you have had a fitting and you choose a club that you think suits you the most, would it really be a good idea to use something else just because it might turn up quicker?

Cant really fault my fitter as they kept me updated and to be fair cant really fault mizuno either, as although i didnt ever deal directly with mizuno whenever i asked for an update the fitter was back to me same day, which means mizuno was back to them very quickly too.

Wont say the wait was easy though, especially when everyone keeps asking where your new clubs are lol. That being said given that in the time from ordering to picking up we have two lockdowns in England and it is over the less desirable weather months, i wouldnt have been able to use them a lot anyway.

Short story... the wait is horrible... once they turn up though, beautiful!
Now just the wait for the courses to be allowed open :)
i got the hot metal pro back in Oct, took 6 weeks as the shafts were OOS. great clubs, over the moon with them esp the 20 yards i've gained over the MP4 i had before. Mizuno used to be really quick, but i suppose supply from China is the issue at the moment. My old irons were ordred on the thursday and had them the following wednesday

D

Deleted member 18588

Still forged in Hiroshima.....I think you'll find its the shafts that are made in China...
Not necessarily.

Some shafts are produced in Vietnam and some in Bangladesh!

RichA

Visit site
An update, if anyone was interested...

After more than a week passed with no response from AG, having given them a 31 Jan delivery deadline, I emailed them again stating that I considered our contract at an end and posted a negative review on Trustpilot.
Within an hour of the review, I received a response, guaranteeing delivery within a week, but admitting that all the clubs hadn't actually arrived from Ping yet.

After a few days of pressing the frontline staff to escalate, the customer services manager contacted me.
After a further week of email arguments (they wouldn't phone me to have a conversation), during which various bits of consumer protection legislation were selectively misrepresented and misquoted at me, I spoke to Trading Standards. They confirmed the legal standpoint.
When you order any product in any physical store, even if it is customised, the trader is legally obliged to provide a delivery date. This can only be more than 30 days if the customer expressly agrees to it.
If you've made it clear to the trader that the product is required by a certain date and they miss it, then they have breached the contract and you can demand a refund.
Within 48 hours of mentioning Trading Standards and telling AG that I was initiating a Sec 75 claim through the bank, a full refund has hit my bank account.
I'll be having a leisurely fitting with a local independent once lockdown ends. Maybe get some nice Mizunos.

So if anyone is in the market for a set of G410 irons, green lie +0.5", they'll probably be appearing on the AG website soon.
Ironically, they'll likely sell them within an hour and make just as much profit. But they've alienated a customer who's told plenty of other potential customers.

D

Deleted member 18588

After more than a week passed with no response from AG, having given them a 31 Jan delivery deadline, I emailed them again stating that I considered our contract at an end and posted a negative review on Trustpilot.
Within an hour of the review, I received a response, guaranteeing delivery within a week, but admitting that all the clubs hadn't actually arrived from Ping yet.

After a few days of pressing the frontline staff to escalate, the customer services manager contacted me.
After a further week of email arguments (they wouldn't phone me to have a conversation), during which various bits of consumer protection legislation were selectively misrepresented and misquoted at me, I spoke to Trading Standards. They confirmed the legal standpoint.
When you order any product in any physical store, even if it is customised, the trader is legally obliged to provide a delivery date. This can only be more than 30 days if the customer expressly agrees to it.
If you've made it clear to the trader that the product is required by a certain date and they miss it, then they have breached the contract and you can demand a refund.
Within 48 hours of mentioning Trading Standards and telling AG that I was initiating a Sec 75 claim through the bank, a full refund has hit my bank account.
I'll be having a leisurely fitting with a local independent once lockdown ends. Maybe get some nice Mizunos.

So if anyone is in the market for a set of G410 irons, green lie +0.5", they'll probably be appearing on the AG website soon.
Ironically, they'll likely sell them within an hour and make just as much profit. But they've alienated a customer who's told plenty of other potential customers.
I'm afraid that, based upon my recent experiences, you may find a very similar situation with Mizuno.

In October and again after Christmas I found that I was given various delivery dates that kept being adjusted.

In the end I bought Ping (see I bought today thread).

hovis

Tour Winner
Visit site

Why didn't you at least wait until the beginning of march. Ironically they probably would have arrived before you could have used them anyway. Now you probably won't get a set for a good while. Unless I'm missing something. I haven't read all the posts