Undated 2 pennies

Putting_Green_Pro

Q-School Graduate
www.heyrosegolfclub.com
well some of you may heard that the undated 2 pences are getting lots on ebay £200+ or hand them in for £50.

well what a dipstick! no joke i had a few last week and though hmm thats strange no date but went and spent them :(

brendy

Global Moderator
Visit site
well some of you may heard that the undated 2 pences are getting lots on ebay £200+ or hand them in for £50.

well what a dipstick! no joke i had a few last week and though hmm thats strange no date but went and spent them :(
Was it not the Twenty pence coins? if it was, your two pence coins were good to go for all of 2p each!

Basher

Tour Winner
yorkshiregolf.proboards.com

I think you'll find it's working perfectly well mate! :rolleyes:

RGDave

Money List Winner
Visit site
No worries....it's a big bull!

I have loads of change in my kitchen and lots of 20ps without dates....my missus found a dozen at least!

I wasn't born yesterday......

RGDave

Money List Winner
Visit site

I have loads of change in my kitchen and lots of 20ps without dates....my missus found a dozen at least!

What are you trying to say? :D

I'm trying to say is it's a wind up or I've got 12 x 20ps worth £50 each, which means I've got £600 to spend on Golf.

brendy

Global Moderator
Visit site
The actual story is true Dave (the struck coins without the year are valuable) its the "my 0 key isnt working even though I used it a load of times there and it did work" jackanory that does it for me! :D

teetime72

Head Pro
Visit site

I'm trying to say is it's a wind up or I've got 12 x 20ps worth £50 each, which means I've got £600 to spend on Golf.

Have a look on the front Dave.On the latest one`s,the date is stamped above the Qeens Head. :mad:

vig

Tour Winner
Visit site

Have a look on the front Dave.On the latest one`s,the date is stamped above the Qeens Head. :mad:

Went down the Queens head tonight. There is no date on it but not sure they would sell a pub for £50.

Hope your on the up Sid :D

RGDave

Money List Winner
Visit site
Someone's 'avin a giraffe with all this.

London Mint office...my posterior. Nothing at all to do with the "mint" or the government

£35,000 on ebay. 22 bids already.....

It clearly is April 1st.

If there is some collectors value in these coins, I'd not send them to a dodgy t'internet website....I'd keep em....

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
Heard this story on the news yesterday. Just done a couple of checks, the "London Mint Office" web site is registered to a company called "The Crown Collections Ltd."

http://www.whois.net/whois/londonmintoffice.org

Crown Collections are registered in Orpington, nowt to do with the Royal Mint

http://www.creditgate.com/companysearch/THE+CROWN+COLLECTIONS+LIMITED.aspx

Look to be a coin collector/ broker.

Couldn't see anything mentioned on the Royal Mint homepage

http://www.royalmint.com/home/home.aspx?promcode=EY909G

Not that I'm any kind of investigator or such, but looks a bit fishy.