'Twos' competition

incatrekker

Visit site
Hi Guys, our competition entry inludes £1 towards Twos achieved in the round. The value is divided up equally to those having a Two. It is not split up by division or handicap etc.
Almost exclusvely the majority of the money is won by those in the lowest division, with the least won in the highest division.
Do any of you know a fairer way to divide up the 'pot'?

Old Skier

Tour Winner
Visit site
Hi Guys, our competition entry inludes £1 towards Twos achieved in the round. The value is divided up equally to those having a Two. It is not split up by division or handicap etc.
Almost exclusvely the majority of the money is won by those in the lowest division, with the least won in the highest division.
Don’t like the system don’t pay into the twos.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
A lot of lads I know have decided not to enter the 9 hole comps. It’s £5 which includes a £1 for the twos. However if the 2’s pot gets to a substantial prize fund due to roll over etc. They will enter. Not only that, the over 55’s that play off the white pots normally will play off the yellow pots so they are 10-20 yards closer to the pins.

SteveW86

Head Pro
Visit site
A lot of lads I know have decided not to enter the 9 hole comps. It’s £5 which includes a £1 for the twos. However if the 2’s pot gets to a substantial prize fund due to roll over etc. They will enter. Not only that, the over 55’s that play off the white pots normally will play off the yellow pots so they are 10-20 yards closer to the pins.

£5 for a 9 hole comp? How much are your 18 hole ones?

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site

get better at golf and thus have more 2s?

SteveW86

Head Pro
Visit site

How could it possibly be any fairer than dividing equally amongst all those who get a 2?

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
£5 for a 9 hole comp? How much are your 18 hole ones?

Exactly the same £5, that’s one of the reasons folk will not pay it for a 9 holes. The last fuddle I played in on a 9 hole comp day there was 16 lads in it paying £5 a piece. It’s £1 front nine winner, £1 back nine winner and £1 overall winner with 50p for the par 3s nearest pin with a roll over. The last par 3 is the 17th which is 180yds. If no one hits the green the 18th is a par 5, 500 plus yards. so it is nearest the pin in 3.

Re the £5 entry for the nine hole. The club shop was privately financed by the club pro. He paid for the shop and driving range and gets all the range money, clothing and club sales go to him for X number of years. The comp money as said, £1 in 2’s is optional, but the club pro said the cost of the comp has not changed for X number of years. He pays lads to manage the shop and asked the club owners if it could be increased from £4 to £5. It was. One of the main gripes with a lot of members is that anything that is won in vouchers has to be spent in the club shop and cannot be spent in the 19th.
That is another reason why folk would sooner play in a fuddle so if they win owt you can do what you want with the money.

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
What is unfair about it now?
I assume a player getting 2 twos wins twice the amount.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I go along with the view that a 2s pot is a 2s pot.

The only change is within our seniors comps where one or more 2s gets you your entry fee back. We used to get balls but I and many others just put the balls back in the proshop until a new head pro stopped us from doing it.

The only time I do not enter 2s comps is when the prize is golf balls. Most opens give pretty low spec balls as prizes. Played in one recently where the 2s spot was £5 and each two won you £4 worth of balls.

Diamond

Visit site
Our £5 entry includes payout for 2's and best gross score. Both are won by the better players. I dont have a problem with it myself but if they start to cap the competitions at 18 or 24 then I will probably not enter the comps and move to another club that caters for division 2 handicappers.

Neilds

Assistant Pro
Visit site
What do clubs do for a hole in one? Ours pays out 2 shares, I have heard that some pay half the pot but in a Society I play with, the organiser says a 1 doesn't count in the 2s comp! He says it is for 2s, not 1s - but to be fair, it has never come up and with most of the Scoiety I doubt it will! ;)

D

Deleted member 1147

I think we just treat it as a 2 or better. So a normal share of the pot.