'Twos' competition

rosecott

Money List Winner
Visit site
I occasionally find one of these in my shag bag after picking up balls on the field after hitting. I still wonder where they come from. Where the heck do people even buy them? Any ball I find that has all the dimples in straight lines I try to avoid like the plague. I wonder what a box (do they have boxes??) of Commando's cost?

I have a box of unused Commando+. Make me an offer.

2blue

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
With mixed-tee Comp it became a 'minefield' to apportion the 2's pot. So we divided the 2's got in a year by the money taken & came up with £12 a two however many were in the Comp. It's working really well with no complaints so far. The £12 to be reviewed...... looking like it will be going up.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Roll over? Wow... not sure that's ever happened at our place
Same here, never not seen a two by someone. Though I was lucky enough to be the only person to get on in one particular comp a few years ago, most unusual. I was rubbing my hands together for the payout as there were over 70 in the comp.... alas half the tight buggers didn't even put in and only ended up with £37?

2blue

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Roll over? Wow... not sure that's ever happened at our place
Before we went to £12 a two we had 2's in Divisions & £1 of the Comp entry of £4 going to the Pot.
Div 2 used to frequently roll-over & on one occasion a guy won £135 for his two whilst on the same day Div 1 was paying £4.80. Very, very annoying & grossly unfair as the 2's wasn't voluntary. The £12 a 2 is a far better arrangement IMO

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
I don't put in the two when playing mixed comps. Thank god I didn't at Delamere. No chance. But I got one at St Annes Old links. Doesn't really add to the discussion, but I just wanted to brag. Got it on the awesome 9th. My ball vanished over the front bunkers and I thought it had dropped into another but it had rolled up near the hole. Again, just wanted to brag. :D And I'm a bit bored.

slowhand

Head Pro
Visit site
Before we went to £12 a two we had 2's in Divisions & £1 of the Comp entry of £4 going to the Pot.
Div 2 used to frequently roll-over & on one occasion a guy won £135 for his two whilst on the same day Div 1 was paying £4.80. Very, very annoying & grossly unfair as the 2's wasn't voluntary. The £12 a 2 is a far better arrangement IMO

What happens if the number of 2s scored in a year does not equal the money collected that year? Does any excess get tolled over to the next year or does it go to charity? And where does the money come from if the 2s exceed expectations?

rosecott

Money List Winner
Visit site
Hehe.....I'd offer to dig the hole to put them in.... Question is, where they heck do you get them? I actually looked.....pitch and putt?

There was a club raffle for Captain's Charity. I couldn't be there, but, a "friend" said he would check my tickets and chose any prizes for me. That was at least 5 years ago and they still sit in my porch.

2blue

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
What happens if the number of 2s scored in a year does not equal the money collected that year? Does any excess get tolled over to the next year or does it go to charity? And where does the money come from if the 2s exceed expectations?
They are decisions to be made after seeing how it has gone. If the £12 provides an excess then I'd think the 2's could be increased to something more appropriate. At present it seems to be the best solution to awkward dilemma.