TV Series - What Are You Watching?

D-S

Visit site
We’ve now watched all the Traitors, that is 1 US and 2 Aussie (as well as the 2 Uk).

In their own ways they are all great drama, compelling and tense TV but all have their own differences and the non UK ones are a bit more in your face with dramatic send offs with more insults being thrown.
The game play gets better and better with a stunning new end game twist in one of them and some traitors being really a lot more vicious in the Aus and US ones.
If you liked the UK ones give these a try, they’re fascinating.

SteveJay

Head Pro
Visit site
We’ve now watched all the Traitors, that is 1 US and 2 Aussie (as well as the 2 Uk).

In their own ways they are all great drama, compelling and tense TV but all have their own differences and the non UK ones are a bit more in your face with dramatic send offs with more insults being thrown.
The game play gets better and better with a stunning new end game twist in one of them and some traitors being really a lot more vicious in the Aus and US ones.
If you liked the UK ones give these a try, they’re fascinating.
Hear there is going to be a celebrity version sometime.....that will be a good watch I think.

D-S

Visit site
Hear there is going to be a celebrity version sometime.....that will be a good watch I think.
The US one and the second Aus one have some minor reality stars (obviously no one over hear has heard of them) from things like Survivor and Below Decks but this doesn’t seem to change things much as they are in there with ‘normal‘ people though some of whom have extraordinary backgrounds, for example one had been held hostage in Somalia for over a year and was now a terrorist hostage negotiator, surprisingly useful skills in this game.

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Just watched the BA killer .. just left wondering how did he get there ? There is no doubt what he did was appalling but people don’t just do stuff.
Don't remember the case at the time, but thought it was odd that he was found guilty of manslaughter not murder. He buried her in a grave he dug weeks earlier, so it was obviously premeditated.

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
Just watched the BA killer .. just left wondering how did he get there ? There is no doubt what he did was appalling but people don’t just do stuff.

Just watched it, and have to say I was absolutely slack jawed at the incompetence of the jury in this case.

I have spent many, many days in Courts over the years, and it never ceased to amaze me how gullible many juries, and even magistrates, can be. Whilst respecting our judicial system, I was often left slightly mistrusting of it, especially when complex evidence was involved.

But the evidence in this case was so overwhelming it was ridiculous. The suggestion of a relatively mild mental disorder, which conveniently disappeared very soon after Robert Brown killed his wife, was all rather kicked into touch by the meticulous pre planning that went into the murder. The digging of a grave, which will have taken several days. The purchase and adaption of a garden box to conceal the body. The taking of the weapon to the scene of the killing. That’s murder, end of, and any jury which acquits and convicts of the lesser offence of manslaughter on the grounds of diminished responsibility really does have to have a long hard look at themselves.

Appalling miscarriage of justice.

Last edited:

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Just watched it, and have to say I was absolutely slack jawed at the incompetence of the jury in this case.

I have spent many, many days in Courts over the years, and it never ceased to amaze me how gullible many juries, and even magistrates, can be. Whilst respecting our judicial system, I was often left slightly mistrusting of it, especially when complex evidence was involved.

But the evidence in this case was so overwhelming it was ridiculous. The suggestion of a relatively mild mental disorder, which conveniently disappeared very soon after Robert Brown killed his wife, was all rather kicked into touch by the meticulous pre planning that went into the murder. The digging of a grave, which will have taken several days. The purchase and adaption of a garden box to conceal the body. The taking of the weapon to the scene of the killing. That’s murder, end of, and any jury which acquits and convicts of the lesser offence of manslaughter on the grounds of diminished responsibility really does have to have a long hard look at themselves.

Appalling miscarriage of justice.
my thoughts exactly.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Another one here who has just finished Series 2 of KIN a great watch.

I started The Fall of the House of Usher (Netflix) (loosely based upon the works of Edgar Alan Poe but set in more modern times)

A gruesome watch in places and certainly had me jumping at times. If you like ghostly horror then you will like this.

Doon frae Troon

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I know what you mean, but I am still watching it. It is very much about how America won the 2nd world war. I do find it funny how they stereotype the RAF. Apart from sat "tally ho, chocks away" they could not have stereotyped the English more.
Yea, sad how nearly all of these type of films have only posh Jonny English type flyers in the RAF.
Be nice to have a few Polish, Canadian, NZ/Ossie or even 'Northeners' for a bit of reality.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
I'm confused. You mean you didn't waste their time just for a jolly in the sun? You didn't demand sea views, pool, balcony for €60k, and then throw a huff when they showed you what €60k gets you? Just strange ;)

Which show was it? Which presenter did you get?
Dont forget, when they do find something that they can afford meets the requirements , the put an offer in 20K under the asking price:ROFLMAO: