TV Series - What Are You Watching?

Rlburnside

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Remember that programme was based on a book by Tina Moore and the frostiness may actually have been between her and Greenwood (and West Ham United).

Having read Bobby Moores autobiography he never had a good word to say about Greenwood and never had a good working relationship with him, he also stopped the move Moore wanted to Spurs.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Sick or had some inside information? :confused:

The series is great with some brilliant episodes, My Favorite is Fifteen Million Merits and The Entire History of You is also excellent.

Season 3 out on Netflix at the end of this month I believe.

Just started watching Black Mirror on Thursday - half way through 2nd series now and watched these two episodes and White Bear last night. Weird - but scary thoughts. Not surprised to see that Charlie Brooker is the creator.

D

Deleted member 18588

Having read Bobby Moores autobiography he never had a good word to say about Greenwood and never had a good working relationship with him, he also stopped the move Moore wanted to Spurs.

I wasn't aware that Bobby Moore had written his autobiography. I know both Jeff Powell and Matt Dickinson wrote biographies of him.

Certainly, as time progressed, he and Greenwood did not have a particularly warm relationship. On the part of the manager this may have been due to his concerns that off-field activities were affecting his on-field performances.

As for the move to Spurs the problem may have been more to do with Spurs reluctance to pay West Ham the going rate (some things never change).

Rlburnside

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I wasn't aware that Bobby Moore had written his autobiography. I know both Jeff Powell and Matt Dickinson wrote biographies of him.

Certainly, as time progressed, he and Greenwood did not have a particularly warm relationship. On the part of the manager this may have been due to his concerns that off-field activities were affecting his on-field performances.

As for the move to Spurs the problem may have been more to do with Spurs reluctance to pay West Ham the going rate (some things never change).

Yea I think it was the Jeff Powell biography that I read.

Fish

Banned
Visit site
Just watched first 2 episodes of Taboo. I'm hooked already. (Oh, and Tom Hardy will be the next Bond).

I'm watching Episode 4 just now, Tom Hardy is a natural in these roles, he'd make a brilliant Bill Sykes in a new Oliver!

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
I'm watching Episode 4 just now, Tom Hardy is a natural in these roles, he'd make a brilliant Bill Sykes in a new Oliver!

We watched three episodes of Taboo yesterday (2, 3 and 4) :)

Mrs finds it a bit confusing - as dialogue often isn't that clear - I just tell her not to worry - just keep watching and things will become clear. Enjoying it. Very dark and murky - and muddy.