TV Series - What Are You Watching?

sawtooth

Tour Winner
Visit site
Watched ITVs crime drama "In Plain Sight"

It's about serial killer Peter Manuel who committed murders in Scotland in the late fifties.

Excellent, well worth a watch.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Sawtooth, I agree that was very good.

Anyone recorded the agatha Christie from the last two nights, don't bother watching it. Two hours I'll never get back. Huge disappointment.

Fish

Banned
Visit site
I'm up to date now with Blacklist on NowTV but I watch it after it's been shown so I don't have any adverts, I've got a few episodes left of Scandal to watch, a few episodes of Twisted left, I'm also up to date with Blindspot and I'm really enjoying Conviction. Might drop back onto Amazon to watch more of Lucifer but I can't remember where I got to.....I thought Bosch was brilliant and can't wait for a 2nd series, also Billions which I think comes back in February.

Must say we absolutely battered West Wing and watched multiple episodes back to back.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Fish, what do you think of Blindspot? I keep watching it but it is only a 7 out of 10 for me. Okay but no more. I keep waiting for it to really take off but it never quite does.

I love the Blacklist and perhaps the problem is Blindspot is compared against it in my head. I'm 50-50 whether to stick with it or give up.

Fish

Banned
Visit site
Fish, what do you think of Blindspot? I keep watching it but it is only a 7 out of 10 for me. Okay but no more. I keep waiting for it to really take off but it never quite does.

I love the Blacklist and perhaps the problem is Blindspot is compared against it in my head. I'm 50-50 whether to stick with it or give up.

I think it's dangerous to compare sometimes as everything has a slightly different edge to suit your pallet, I've liked all of those I've mentioned BUT, at times they all lose their way slightly in the middle but then pull it back later on, this is why we flit about and leave some for a while as they can become a little repetitive, Blacklist drifted a bit too much for me rather than keeping on track to how it started, it became too much about her and who the father was and the baby being kidnapped etc, same with Blindspot, it drifted away from the tattoos and those threats being worked out and is now dragging it heals a little with her brother and other agenda's. Some good programmes that start really well just go on a little too long at times, it's as though they try to fill 22 episodes per series come what may which leads to some nothing episodes in the middle.

sawtooth

Tour Winner
Visit site
Could you recommend a small mini series to watch?

Just finished season 1 of the Exorcist which was pretty damn good, We are looking for something that we can watch whilst we wait for that to come back on. Preferably something already finished and either on Sky or Netflix.

There are so many to choose from and we've really only seen a few including Breaking Bad which is the gold standard as far as I am concerned.

D

Deleted member 15344

Could you recommend a small mini series to watch?

Just finished season 1 of the Exorcist which was pretty damn good, We are looking for something that we can watch whilst we wait for that to come back on. Preferably something already finished and either on Sky or Netflix.

There are so many to choose from and we've really only seen a few including Breaking Bad which is the gold standard as far as I am concerned.

Fortitude
The Following
True Detective Season 1
Strike Back

sawtooth

Tour Winner
Visit site
Fortitude
The Following
True Detective Season 1
Strike Back

Ok ran list past other half.

She's already seen season 1 Fortitude.

The Following got a bit ridiculous and too violent for her taste.

True Detective is very good so I hear but she gave up watching it for silly reasons really. Can't stand one of the lead actors and the accents of all things. I haven't seen any of it yet myself.

Might take a look at Strike Back but from what I know it's probably not her cup of tea :-(

D

Deleted member 15344

Ok ran list past other half.

She's already seen season 1 Fortitude.

The Following got a bit ridiculous and too violent for her taste.

True Detective is very good so I hear but she gave up watching it for silly reasons really. Can't stand one of the lead actors and the accents of all things. I haven't seen any of it yet myself.

Might take a look at Strike Back but from what I know it's probably not her cup of tea :-(

The Tunnel both series are very good
Mad Dogs

D

Deleted member 15344

You recommend Fortitude then LP? What would you compare it to?

Sky have given me 3 months free Boxsets and was looking through and it caught my eye but wasnt sure whether to go for it or not.

I'm not actually sure what I would compare it to tbh - it's prob closest to Twin Peaks or maybe The Killing ( another good series )

Very dark series with some great acting - really enjoyed it

TheDiablo

Challenge Tour Pro
Banned
Visit site
I'm not actually sure what I would compare it to tbh - it's prob closest to Twin Peaks or maybe The Killing ( another good series )

Very dark series with some great acting - really enjoyed it

Cool, thanks. Rate most of your other shouts so probs a similar taste. Cast looks fantastic too so will give it a shot.