TV Series - What Are You Watching?

sunshine

Visit site
Okay, I'll fess up, I didn't see what it might have been. Unless.......

Did the Jedi kill the witches coven? Was it not May?

I don't think that was what caused the outrage.

I think it's:

1. The woke nature of the lesbian witches coven. Right wing nerds frothing at the mouth.
2. The twins have no father (girl power), like Annakin Skywalker. But in the movies that was supposed to be unique - the chosen one conceived by the force - and yet here we are with a prequel which contradicts a major plot point in the Phantom Menace.

In any case, the Acolyte really ramped up in episode 5 (Night). This series has been a bit Game of Thrones, characters are less black and white than other star wars shows, the "goodies" do bad stuff, people make mistakes, introducing a well recognised actor and killing them off in episode 1 (it's not a big spolier I could see it coming), and also unexpectedly killing off characters half way through the series (I'm not revealing who). I like it.

Last edited:

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
I don't think that was what caused the outrage.

I think it's:

1. The woke nature of the lesbian witches coven. Right wing nerds frothing at the mouth.
2. The twins have no father (girl power), like Annakin Skywalker. But in the movies that was supposed to be unique - the chosen one conceived by the force - and yet here we are with a prequel which contradicts a major plot point in the Phantom Menace.
Both options passed me by to be honest. I don't follow X, fansites etc, I just watch the programme. Nothing really stood out. Maybe all will become clear by the end of the series? Either way, I'm not invested enough to really care, although I appreciate that many do.

sunshine

Visit site
Both options passed me by to be honest. I don't follow X, fansites etc, I just watch the programme. Nothing really stood out. Maybe all will become clear by the end of the series? Either way, I'm not invested enough to really care, although I appreciate that many do.

I know that any attempts at making cult shows more woke always attracts a massive backlash :ROFLMAO:
Usually it backfires too, e.g. the female Ghostbusters movie.

The second point is something I read in a review. I missed it too, I'm not immersed in the star wars universe, but on reflection it does blow a big plot hole in the central theme of the Star Wars prequel movies.

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
Found Blue Light on the box sets this morning. 6 episodes per series, 2 series. Drama series following a few recruits and their colleagues in the Police Service of Northern Ireland. Just started series 2 episode 1. Built quite nicely through series 1.

srixon 1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Tried watching “The 12” that I had recorded. I hadn’t realised that it was an Australian program. I gave up after 30 mins and deleted the lot.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Enjoying The Turkish Detective on BBC 2 and iplayer. Based on a series of books, it has that feel to it. Decent detective fare and a different location to the norm.

The most striking thing, the sheer number of fags smoked per episode 😳

Pin-seeker

Visit site
Enjoying The Turkish Detective on BBC 2 and iplayer. Based on a series of books, it has that feel to it. Decent detective fare and a different location to the norm.

I’m not even going there 😬😂
Is it dubbed or English?

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
It's an interesting mix. Largely in English but every so often it goes into Turkish and subtitles pop up. Then it goes back into English. It is done seamlessly, they don't explain the change. I like how they do it.
Have watched the first two episodes. Enjoyable stuff and Istanbul looks great, have always fancied a trip there.

One or two ridiculous bits to the story line, notably the bit when they decide there might be a bag in the river, and find it in about 2 minutes flat.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
One or two ridiculous bits to the story line, notably the bit when they decide there might be a bag in the river, and find it in about 2 minutes flat.
I did chuckle at that. That bag was gone, never to be found again. You see the size and flow of that river, mmmmmmmm.

I can suspend a bit of belief though, you have to at times when you watch enough detective shows.

chellie

Tour Winner
Visit site

I was really looking forward to this but found the acting of the young detective just so hammy.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
With series two of The House of Dragons being pushed I thought I’d have another go at series 1…I kinda skimmed over it before. Binged it over a few days and, blimey, I didn’t find it easy watching and listening (often dark and difficult to see what was going on and difficult to hear audio) and frankly just rather dull and confusing - even though it looks great.

Anyway…starting series 2 today more in hope than expectation…but I’ll give it a go.

sunshine

Visit site
With series two of The House of Dragons being pushed I thought I’d have another go at series 1…I kinda skimmed over it before. Binged it over a few days and, blimey, I didn’t find it easy watching and listening (often dark and difficult to see what was going on and difficult to hear audio) and frankly just rather dull and confusing - even though it looks great.

Anyway…starting series 2 today more in hope than expectation…but I’ll give it a go.

I'm finding season 2 a bit dull. It's moving very slowly, in the most recent episode (no.5) nothing happened. I only watched it last night and I'm struggling to remember anything.

HOTD lacks the humour that made GOT stand out.