TV Series - What Are You Watching?

Cake

Club Champion
Visit site
I started to watc this on recommendation from a mate. Although I’m not sure why as I have precisely zero interest in cricket. Some of the golf courses looked spectacular, but I didn’t watch the whole series. Tuffnell became irritating very quickly, to the point I couldn’t watch.

100% agree with this - was sure I would enjoy it, but couldn’t stick with it because of Tuffers

BrianM

Head Pro
Visit site
Literally just finished the final episode 10 minutes ago. I enjoyed it, but it is somewhat one-dimensional. The shifting alliances, back-stabbing and shoot-outs only take you so far. No real role for the cops, politics or judicial system and no sympathetic characters. The Wire succeeded because it changed the perspective over different seasons across those groups.

I think that’s what makes it though, they are always chasing more and more, they never have enough, someone is always wiling to risk something to get themselves higher up the chain and someone will always be there to step up, it’s a never ending vicious circle.

Ethan

Money List Winner
Visit site
I think that’s what makes it though, they are always chasing more and more, they never have enough, someone is always wiling to risk something to get themselves higher up the chain and someone will always be there to step up, it’s a never ending vicious circle.

Sure, but as a story it is just lots of people shooting one another. I like the organised crime stuff, but it needs to have some plot and character development - Boardwalk Empire, Sopranos, The Wire, Sons of Anarchy etc all had plenty of that.

RichA

Visit site
Just started watching Clarksons Farm (watched first 3) not laughed so much at a program for a long time.
I’m in second day of isolation so will probably binge watch the whole series.
It is fun and interesting.
Don't get your hopes up for the new Grand Tour episode though. We lasted about 10 minutes. Cringingly anti-French stereotyping that got tired after the first couple of lame gags in lame mock French accents.
On their own, each of them still make watchable TV. Together they've become pretty dreadful.
Hammond's Garage, or whatever it's called, was tolerable for the first couple of episodes that are on YouTube. Then I realised that it's just a poor replica of Clarkson's farm with a different backdrop.

Inside The Factory at the JCB factory was fascinating a couple of nights ago. It's on iPlayer.

larmen

Head Pro
Visit site
Paw Patrol but then again we do have our young grandchildren staying with us!:)
Wait until they discover Mighty Pups, and Bike Patrol, and …

Btw, there are often toys available at Lidl to stock up for Xmas.

Just finished the 1st episode of Boba Fett. Not sure anything has happened yet, more scene setting at this point?

arnieboy

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Wait until they discover Mighty Pups, and Bike Patrol, and …

Btw, there are often toys available at Lidl to stock up for Xmas.

Just finished the 1st episode of Boba Fett. Not sure anything has happened yet, more scene setting at this point?
Oh yes, we have Ryder, Marshall and Chase with their vehicles, only a few more to go!

D

Deleted member 15344

Season 4 of Cobra Kai done

Really good - missing a little bit of the humour of the the first 3 series