TV Series - What Are You Watching?

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
The final of The Great British Sewing Bee. Weirdly fascinating and learning new terms like "stitch in the ditch" and "bound buttonholes" and more besides.

I seem to love programmes that involve skill sets I don't possess!

Beedee

Assistant Pro
Visit site
The final of The Great British Sewing Bee. Weirdly fascinating and learning new terms like "stitch in the ditch" and "bound buttonholes" and more besides.

I seem to love programmes that involve skill sets I don't possess!
I know what you mean. I've enjoyed baking, sewing and pottery, and am rubbish at all of them.

Definitely a fan of the "nice people doing nice things" school of reality competitions over the "back-biting, everyone's a prat" style, or the "I've a tiny fraction of talent but it was my grandmother's final wish to see me on TV" style.

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
I know what you mean. I've enjoyed baking, sewing and pottery, and am rubbish at all of them.

Definitely a fan of the "nice people doing nice things" school of reality competitions over the "back-biting, everyone's a prat" style, or the "I've a tiny fraction of talent but it was my grandmother's final wish to see me on TV" style.

100%. Help each other rather than stab each other in the back.

Rooter

Money List Winner
Visit site
Clarksons Farm on amazon prime. I love it!!

You have to like Clarkson i think, but watching it actually shows a very different side to him!! We are loving it and hope they commission season 2.

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site

You have to like Clarkson i think, but watching it actually shows a very different side to him!! We are loving it and hope they commission season 2.

Thanks for the reminder. Saw clips on Goggle Box and looked good fun!

chellie

Tour Winner
Visit site

I can't stand Top Gear so wasn't sure whether to watch it. Yes, parts of it are stage managed but it is very good.

I hope that it will make people think about buying cheap imported food but sadly doubt it will. Chicken brought across from Thailand is a whole different thread...

Voyager EMH

Slipper Wearing Plucker of Pheasants
Visit site
Finished Time last night,thought it was decent.
It was great drama, and I enjoyed it. The scenes at the end where he finally got to talk to the victim's wife made me think a lot.
There were some irritating inaccuracies. Such a prisoner would be likely to be Cat C after some assessment and not spend his entire sentence surrounded by Cat A prisoners. His willingness to help other prisoners with their literacy would likely result in him doing that fulltime directed by employed professional education staff (that was me for 12 years) and earn him top level privileges. But that would have been boring drama for me. The chaplain would not have been able to decide to assist him to communicate with family on the outside, but would have been up to the governor to approve on compassionate grounds. Assisting with communication is instant dismissal. None of that stopped me from enjoying a really good drama. The actors portraying all the other Cat A prisoners did a really good job, in my view, especially the young violent bully.

Hope you all guessed why prisoners are required to adopt a squat position during a strip search. Phones or penknives. It really does happen!

Last edited:

Pin-seeker

Visit site
It was great drama, and I enjoyed it. The scenes at the end where he finally got to talk to the victim's wife made me think a lot.
There were some irritating inaccuracies. Such a prisoner would be likely to be Cat C after some assessment and not spend his entire sentence surrounded by Cat A prisoners. His willingness to help other prisoners with their literacy would likely result in him doing that fulltime directed by employed professional education staff (that was me for 12 years) and earn him top level privileges. But that would have been boring drama for me. The chaplain would not have been able to decide to assist him to communicate with family on the outside, but would have been up to the governor to approve on compassionate grounds. Assisting with communication is instant dismissal. None of that stopped me from enjoying a really good drama. The actors portraying all the other Cat A prisoners did a really good job, in my view, especially the young violent bully.

Hope you all guessed why prisoners are required to adopt a squat position during a strip search. Phones or penknives. It really does happen!
I thought Sean Bean was a bit meh in it tbh.
Stephen Graham was as good as ever.
Did we find out why his son was in prison?

Rooter

Money List Winner
Visit site
I thought Sean Bean was a bit meh in it tbh.
Stephen Graham was as good as ever.
Did we find out why his son was in prison?

I think that was the guy's character though, so you could argue that Bean could have 'overacted' it, but didn't and portrayed an average middle-aged man with no criminal background, being thrown into the lion's den quite well! Well, that was my take anyway.

Love SG, will watch most things he is in,

And no, I don't think we did find out, I reckon with how it ended, we could have a season two though with SG as the main character? and follow Bean's new life??

Voyager EMH

Slipper Wearing Plucker of Pheasants
Visit site
I think that was the guy's character though, so you could argue that Bean could have 'overacted' it, but didn't and portrayed an average middle-aged man with no criminal background, being thrown into the lion's den quite well! Well, that was my take anyway.

Love SG, will watch most things he is in,

And no, I don't think we did find out, I reckon with how it ended, we could have a season two though with SG as the main character? and follow Bean's new life??
The follow-up story for me would be the woman coping with a husband and a son in prison. And Bean's character's attempt to be involved with steering youths away from criminality and the frustration with the lack of funding and organisation for this.