TRUMP, What the hell is going on

Status
Not open for further replies.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Trump is deliberately and horrendously divisive - divide and conquer seems to be his one and only modus operandi - dividing his nation, as well the the EU and any other multi-national body (see W.H.O) that might prove strong and cohesive enough to resist him.

Interesting snippets from the book by his niece...with descriptions of his character and behaviours from the past that many psychiatrists/psychologists can identify in him today. Which is where the XXVth Amendment could come in...

Though it would need a swathe of GOP senators to pluck up a great deal of courage (Susan Collins come in please) ...or just stop being toadies as they watch their party and country being wrecked and drifting dangerously towards a brink...a cliff-edge as we in the UK might say :)

Last edited:

Hoganman1

Visit site
I like your take, Banjofred. I read somewhere that a college student wrote a paper for his political science class proposing that the US is so divided we should consider breaking up into separate countries. While that seems preposterous at first glance, he had some interesting points. His argument was that someone living in NYC has absolutely nothing in common with someone living in a small town in Kansas. He's right. The only problem with his argument is the geography. For instance I live in Charlotte which is the largest city in NC and is quite progressive. However, we are only a few miles from several small towns in South Carolina that are full of Trump supporters. Anyway, it was an interesting read. Hopefully, we'll figure out how to become united again, but it won't be anytime soon.

Mandofred

Visit site
I like your take, Banjofred. I read somewhere that a college student wrote a paper for his political science class proposing that the US is so divided we should consider breaking up into separate countries. While that seems preposterous at first glance, he had some interesting points. His argument was that someone living in NYC has absolutely nothing in common with someone living in a small town in Kansas. He's right. The only problem with his argument is the geography. For instance I live in Charlotte which is the largest city in NC and is quite progressive. However, we are only a few miles from several small towns in South Carolina that are full of Trump supporters. Anyway, it was an interesting read. Hopefully, we'll figure out how to become united again, but it won't be anytime soon.
Disclaimer: I'm from Washington state. Grew up on the West side. Total of 9 years living in Central/Eastern Washington.
It never has had much support, but several efforts for states/areas to break into different areas keep popping up. Then they can keep like-minded people together...which is what they like. People really can't stand other people not agreeing with them. This article from NW news is what a lot of people would like to have happen. Maybe include Idaho and at least E Oregon in it as well.
https://mynorthwest.com/1259527/washington-secede-state-of-liberty/?

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Disclaimer: I'm from Washington state. Grew up on the West side. Total of 9 years living in Central/Eastern Washington.
It never has had much support, but several efforts for states/areas to break into different areas keep popping up. Then they can keep like-minded people together...which is what they like. People really can't stand other people not agreeing with them. This article from NW news is what a lot of people would like to have happen. Maybe include Idaho and at least E Oregon in it as well.
https://mynorthwest.com/1259527/washington-secede-state-of-liberty/?
We have a close friend who works for an organisation whose remit spans Utah, Wyoming, Nevada, Northern Colorado and Idaho. We are told how sensitive they have to be to the politics of that vast area.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Trump's tax returns to be available to prosecutors...

Now - he might be able to put that off until after the election - but if they are dodgy in any way - or not what he has led the US electorate to believe - will he want them looked at at all? And so if Trump were to lose or if he does not stand will that mean he need not divulge?

Interesting.

Hoganman1

Visit site
Great read; thanks, banjofred. As mentioned, I live in Charlotte. People all over NC, but especially the Eastern part refer to us as "The Great State of Mecklenburg". There was also talk of selling us to South Carolina. We don't really fit there either. Maybe we could gerrymander a new state that runs from Charlotte down I-85 to Atlanta. We could call it "Charlanta". I guess Greenville SC would be the capital since it's halfway between the two cities.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
It IS ridiculous!! Kanye West makes Trump look like Churchill.
..besides - those darned progressives on TYT spoil the fun by pointing out that KW has missed the cut-off date to submit to stand in the election in too many states for him to have any chance - which is a pity. No matter - you gotta love Ana Kasparian and Cenk Uygar..:)

Hoganman1

Visit site
Wow! This frightening. These people are walking around our country, driving cars and worst of all voting. It just proves that our educational system has failed. I guess I knew there were people like this out there, but I didn't realize there was this many.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
In a way I get one of Trumps gripes around number of cases testing positive - if they continue to increase the amount of testing then they will discover closer to the true extent of the community infection. It may not actually be increasing - you just get a better estimate of the scale of it. What matters though are the numbers requiring hospitalisation or other treatment. Increasing numbers of these are independent of the scale of testing - and are a clear manifestation of a growth in the extent of the disease in the community.

Hoganman1

Visit site
Well, I'm much more comfortable now; NOT! It appears this "so called" president has abandoned listening to the top medical expert in the US, Dr. Anthony Fauci. He is now getting his information from Chuck Woolery. Yes, Chuck Woolery, the game show host. This administration has become a bad Saturday Night Live sketch. If my whole family including six grandkids could come with me, I would seriously consider moving to Ireland or Scotland from whence my ancestors came.

Status
Not open for further replies.