Russians on holiday

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Not really relevant to the current situation, but last time we went to Turkey with the history society one of the hotels was stacked with big fat Russian men with their young girlfriend who all were dressed like strippers. 🤣

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Working in the part of London I do, I can say there isn’t many Russians that have stayed here and not gone back home. As Turkey is more Russia friendly right now, I doesn’t surprise me that they are going there and able to use there money there.

Old Colner

Club Champion
Visit site
Lots of Russians in Goa the last time I was there, wow what an ignorant lot they were, horrible people, trying to rip off restaurant owners and taxi drivers, actually anybody they had dealings with.

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
Is going to Blackpool still ‘a thing’ for Scots…esp of the younger or ‘about to get married‘ variety?
Not being in that younger demograph, I don't know. I think it's just as cheap to go abroad for that sort of thing now.

The village that I grew up in used to run a "Blackpool bus" every August that was always full. Nowadays it doesn't happen and most of those families now go to Spain (probably Benidorm)...

Old Colner

Club Champion
Visit site
Glasgow fortnight (summer holiday, wakes weeks) when I was a kid started the same as ours (first Saturday in July), Blackpool & Morecambe were absolutely jammers with Scotts.

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
Currently in Belek.
Today is a day off, so spending it lazing around and very surprised by the number of Russians here. You'd have thought that given the current situation they wouldn't be allowed to visit countries where they might see news about what's actually going on in Ukraine.
Reconnacence ....so I can't spell

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
My experience of Americans on holiday is they are just as bad as the Russians.

Went to Mexico a couple of times to hotels with a swim-up pool bar. Some Yanks sat all day on the seats in the pool by the bar, getting louder and louder. A few of them never left it at all, even though they were downing beer after beer. You can guess what they were doing to get rid of excess liquid. It wasn't just guys, their wives would be sitting there as well from mid-morning, working their way thru the cocktail menu. Their nanny would bring the kids down for 5 minutes in the afternoon to see mom and pop.

Also been to the Caribbean, where their behaviour to the local staff was appalling.