Russians on holiday

cliveb

Head Pro
Visit site
Currently in Belek.
Today is a day off, so spending it lazing around and very surprised by the number of Russians here. You'd have thought that given the current situation they wouldn't be allowed to visit countries where they might see news about what's actually going on in Ukraine.

rosecott

Money List Winner
Visit site
Currently in Belek.
Today is a day off, so spending it lazing around and very surprised by the number of Russians here. You'd have thought that given the current situation they wouldn't be allowed to visit countries where they might see news about what's actually going on in Ukraine.

I'm also in Belek, but, as far as I can see, Russians are noticeable by their absence. Other years there were loads of them.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Currently in Belek.

How do you know they live in Russia?

My mum's neighbour is russian for example

cliveb

Head Pro
Visit site
Ok, fair points being made.
I don't know for sure that the language I'm hearing is Russian.
And I don't know if all these people live in Russia.

But my experience in Belek over the years has been that the place is generally crawling with them. So when I hear lots of people sounding just the same, it seemed reasonable to think they were still coming. But as you say, they might have been replaced by other nationalities.

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
I'm always amused as to why its ok to say things about some nationalities, but change the country and all hell breaks loose!😁
Imagine saying you went on holiday and the place was crawling with Scots. There would be much gnashing of teeth on here.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Some of the Russian women are absolute worldies tho 😊
I remember one day in the pool with the swim up bar. (There was two swim up bars). Our was shut because someone had crapped in it again. The other pool was rammed with predominately Russians, one was totally hammered he could hardly stand up in the pool. He kept slipping under the water and his mates thought it hilarious. Bartender tells us they have been on whisky all day.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I remember one day in the pool with the swim up bar. (There was two swim up bars). Our was shut because someone had crapped in it again. The other pool was rammed with predominately Russians, one was totally hammered he could hardly stand up in the pool. He kept slipping under the water and his mates thought it hilarious. Bartender tells us they have been on whisky all day.

Are you sure they were Russian? They only drink Wonka