TRUMP, What the hell is going on

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hoganman1

Visit site
This is disgraceful. To all of my friends in Europe and the rest of the world: Please know this does NOT reflect the values of most citizens in the US. This man and his followers have hijacked our country. This has happened before all over the world, but I pray it will soon end here.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
This is disgraceful. To all of my friends in Europe and the rest of the world: Please know this does NOT reflect the values of most citizens in the US. This man and his followers have hijacked our country. This has happened before all over the world, but I pray it will soon end here.
On Sunday we had a long video chat with British friends who live in Seattle and have done so for many years. They are in despair and very worried over what they see happening in the the US these last few years and presently under Trump - though they also express despair at what they can see happening in their own home country - the UK - as the populist behaviour and messaging of our government mirrors as they see it (albeit to a lesser extent) what Trump is doing in the US.

Robster59

Tour Rookie
www.eastrengolfclub.co.uk
Sadly, no matter how low or weird or controversial or bigoted or anything you think he can get, he then exceeds all expectations.
He now reminds me of one of those looney, neurotic, paranoid dictators you see portrayed in films, except he's (sadly) real.

Hoganman1

Visit site
I'm a life long Democrat, but have always found Republicans I could tolerate. This is no longer the case. The problem with Republican administrations has always been that when they were in power, all of these racist cockroaches came crawling out of the woodwork. Fortunately, they never were able to gain any traction.Now we have one sitting in The White House. Far right web sites, Fox News and even Facebook have provided a safe haven for hate groups. Frankly, getting rid of Trump is only the first step to exterminating these vermin from our society. I still have faith that there are enough decent people in the US to prevail, but it's not going to be easy.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Sadly, no matter how low or weird or controversial or bigoted or anything you think he can get, he then exceeds all expectations.
He now reminds me of one of those looney, neurotic, paranoid dictators you see portrayed in films, except he's (sadly) real.
When you watch Trumps posturing and demeanor from the podium during his Independence Day speeches at the WH and Mt Rushmore I cannot help but see reflections of Mussolini and even Hitler.

Robster59

Tour Rookie
www.eastrengolfclub.co.uk
It's a shame, I know a member at Turnberry and by all accounts he's done an outstanding job.
Oh I know, I have a friend who's son is an assistant at Turnberry and I've heard nothing but fantastic reviews about what the people he's paid (not him) have done to the course. And the same about Trump Aberdeen. But I still couldn't.

ger147

Tour Winner
Visit site
Oh I know, I have a friend who's son is an assistant at Turnberry and I've heard nothing but fantastic reviews about what the people he's paid (not him) have done to the course. And the same about Trump Aberdeen. But I still couldn't.

Turnberry is my all time favourite no.1 golf course and was long before the Fonald turned up, so I refuse to deny myself a trip to play golf on my favourite ever couse just because that choob has bought it.

triple_bogey

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Trump unfortunately also helps promote racism... If you think Racism exists in other countries and within the redneck community. This Brit is a CEO of a company. He may be on alcohol but it brought up the inner feelings

Warning: Strong racist language

Idiot's sister in law is Asian.....that's going to be fun at the next family gathering. :ROFLMAO:

Hoganman1

Visit site
Now, he wants to refuse funding to our public schools if they don't open in the Fall. This guy has got to go. Basically, there are three ways for the US to remove a president. Number one is impeachment in the House and conviction in the Senate. We tried that and failed. Number two is to vote him out of office. I pray every night that we can achieve that in November. However, there is a third option that we've tried a few times here and it works. I would never advocate using that option. However, if number two fails, I might consider becoming a third option supporter.

Mudball

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Now, he wants to refuse funding to our public schools if they don't open in the Fall. This guy has got to go. Basically, there are three ways for the US to remove a president. Number one is impeachment in the House and conviction in the Senate. We tried that and failed. Number two is to vote him out of office. I pray every night that we can achieve that in November. However, there is a third option that we've tried a few times here and it works. I would never advocate using that option. However, if number two fails, I might consider becoming a third option supporter.

other than that.. how was the play Mrs Lincoln??

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Twenty-fifth Amendment...?

Plenty of evidence to support

Mandofred

Visit site
I might as well stick my broken oar in the water...... I AM NOT a Trump supporter, but I can certainly understand why a lot of people voted for him. The political parties are becoming more controlled by money/power than ever. The choice was between Trump and Clinton. Clinton was just another slimy (whether she is or not is irreverent...she is perceived that way) Washington DC politician who would just keep doing business the same way as usual. People wanted a change, and they were hoping Trump could provide that. I can understand that.....very much. There are a lot of people in the US who feel like any change would be better than continuing as before.....I very much understand that as well. What I've never understood is how you could support Trump several years ago, and then after all that has happened since, continue supporting him. How does a religious person keep supporting someone who has no morals what-so-ever. Simple, they perceive Trump as giving them something that they want and they justify it to themselves in any way possible. This is the same thinking behind Brexit (in my opinion). I like the idea of the EU, but I think that establishment has completely pooped all over themselves. I can say that Brexit has happened because the people outside the major areas of the UK think that London is ignoring them, and I would agree. Don't get me going on the EU though...............:mad:

Someone mentioned Seattle, the state of Washington is divided politically West/East. The West side with the majority of people are Democrat leaning. The East side which has less people and is more rural is Republican leaning. The East side is angry most of the time because they think they are being ignored....which they kind of are. The views of the people on the West side of the state are the ones that "count" since there are more votes there. People will vote for the politicians that they think will give them what they want.

What is needed is a politician/political party that can be seen to be helping as many people as possible with no/very little favoritism. I can't see that in the US. The only people who have a chance at this time to lead things are people who I view as "inadequate" for the job. I can't see a person who is truly a good upstanding person having any chance to be the president...the system won't allow it. I reserve judgement on Boris until he has been given plenty of time for things to sort themselves out. Trumps had 3+ years......he's just making a real mess of things and getting worse.....AND making the differences/hatreds between people worse.

Status
Not open for further replies.