Trump Turnberry

evemccc

Visit site
^ What on earth has any of that got to do with holding The Open at Turnberry?

Touché …a BBC documentary?? 🤷🏻‍♂

Related entirely to your post about a divided US with both sides at different times claiming an election has been ‘stolen from them’..

evemccc

Visit site
Sorry but when did Hitler own the 2006 Olympic Stadium 🤦‍♂️

And what does the ET have to do with the R&A and The Open

You are attempting to make comparisons that aren’t there

The Olympic stadium in Berlin is entirely synonymous with Hitler and the 1936 Olympics…

And for CONTEXT… 🤷🏻‍♂️

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I watched the Insurrection documentary that the BBC showed, and I find it hard to think of the guy as just some harmless fat old clown.

He would use The Open as a massive chance to put his views across and it would all be a horrible media circus. He would probably barge in on the presentation at the end wearing his MAGA hat too. No thanks.
Unfortunately, I think this is 100% what would happen and why it's a good decision not to hold it there. That area of Scotland is already represented by Royal Troon anyway.

r0wly86

Head Pro
Visit site
Saunton is a good enough course to host The Open, but rightly isn't picked because the infrastructure in North Devon is woeful and grinds to a halt with the usual grockels.

If Turnberry is equally poor infrastructure now then it seems weird to push it so hard, when it has only held it 4 times in the past i.e. doesn't have the history of Carnoustie, St Andrews etc.

Then add in the inevitable from Trump and from protestors, the golf would become probably not even secondary but tertiary, and seeing there are a lot of other courses that can hold it, why bother