Turnberry before trump

Arthur Wedge

Visit site
He only spent £1-2m according to Arthur Wedge.

That's right, doing major and skilled landscaping works in a remote location, on a world class golf course, involving the best course designer - only cost the same amount as building a couple of large detached houses :LOL:

“A figure in excess of £1m has been spent on altering the course, according to local sources”

4LEX

Visit site
All you need is a lawnmower to mow out new fairways and greens 🤣

I think they completely reconstructed / moved half of the greens.

I was lucky to spend some time with Frank Pont a few years back. It wasn't long but it was when he was working on some heathland courses improving the bunkers and restoring them back to how the original designers intended. The skill these people possess is unbelievable, using a digger like a paintbrush.

sunshine

Visit site
I was lucky to spend some time with Frank Pont a few years back. It wasn't long but it was when he was working on some heathland courses improving the bunkers and restoring them back to how the original designers intended. The skill these people possess is unbelievable, using a digger like a paintbrush.

My course is in the middle of refurbishment, and we’ve brought a bunker shaper over from California specifically for his experience of McKenzie restorations. Highly skilled indeed! (Also gives me some perspective of the costs these projects, and we’re not touching the greens).

r0wly86

Head Pro
Visit site

D-S

Visit site
a course in Twickenham spent that one the bunkers alone
I hope they have a lot of bunkers. We have 75, 50 greenside and 25 fairway - for £1 mill £13k per bunker would be pretty pricey, but if they have a couple of hundred maybe ok, but that’s quite a few for an inland course.

YandaB

Visit site
I hope they have a lot of bunkers. We have 75, 50 greenside and 25 fairway - for £1 mill £13k per bunker would be pretty pricey, but if they have a couple of hundred maybe ok, but that’s quite a few for an inland course.
I thought that our course had a lot of bunkers but we now only have 70. Some are quite big though (4 are over 600sqm). Altogether I estimate that there is nearly 13,000 sqm of bunkers (about 3.2 acres!). I wonder how many bunkers others courses have (might start a little poll).