Turnberry Trumpised

ger147

Tour Winner
Visit site
Played there 3 years in a row including this year. I absolutely love the place, the atmosphere, the location and the history of the place. I took my cap off and waved to a non-existent imaginery crowd walking up the 18th on the Ailsa, having stopped to check out Tom Watson's plate.

On the course upgrades, especially out by the lighthouse, it will deffo make it better IMO as some of the holes themselves don't live up to expectations.

JohnnyDee

Tour Winner
Visit site
I often wonder if Big Don gets up of a morning from his Trumpbed, puts on his Trumpdressing gown and Trumpslippers. Goes to the Trumpkitchen, makes two cups of Trumpcoffee, one for himTrumpself and another for his Trumpmissus, turns on the Trump80inchplasma - and so begins another Trumptastic day in Trumptabulous Trumpland...

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
JD, surely before he puts on his Trumpdressing gown he will put on his Trumpwig.

Awful man, huge ego. Puts a lot into golf though and generally seems to improve places he goes into rather than destroys them.

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
Played there 3 years in a row including this year. I absolutely love the place, the atmosphere, the location and the history of the place. I took my cap off and waved to a non-existent imaginery crowd walking up the 18th on the Ailsa, having stopped to check out Tom Watson's plate.

On the course upgrades, especially out by the lighthouse, it will deffo make it better IMO as some of the holes themselves don't live up to expectations.

I do that any round whenever I hole a long putt or hit a chip/approach to tap-in distance!
(very respectful galleries round our way, very quiet most of the time)

FairwayDodger

Money List Winner
Visit site
I often wonder if Big Don gets up of a morning from his Trumpbed, puts on his Trumpdressing gown and Trumpslippers. Goes to the Trumpkitchen, makes two cups of Trumpcoffee, one for himTrumpself and another for his Trumpmissus, turns on the Trump80inchplasma - and so begins another Trumptastic day in Trumptabulous Trumpland...

Ready for a long day blowing his own Trumptrumpet....

JohnnyDee

Tour Winner
Visit site
Trump irritates me immensely and to think that he and his brand now has its paws on one of the UK's most iconic golf courses is quite sad really.

I take on board that any tweaks *he* makes might be real and genuinely good improvements, but they're not really being driven by the man himself.

He's simply employing competent individuals who could just as easily have been engaged by others, and had that been the case, then they would've left the course's rich legacy intact without the boorish and sickeningly vulgar 'Trump' name being sledgehammered onto it in perpetuity.

Last edited: