TRUMP, What the hell is going on

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
What was the driver doing then? Other than driving at speed through a group of protestors?

“Disgusting” don’t be so dramatic!

Maybe he was on a freeway he didn't know. Maybe he didn't want to stop for fear of being pulled out of the car. Maybe he panicked and put his foot down. Its fairly easy to make up any story from that clip.

Its a clip that we don't see the start of... but we do see at least one protester throw something at the jeep - was that before or after he 'mowed down' the protestor.

I'll be honest, I don't know how I would react if I found myself driving towards a mob of protestors. However, putting my foot down and sounding the horn would be high up the list.

Mudball

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Maybe he was on a freeway he didn't know. Maybe he didn't want to stop for fear of being pulled out of the car. Maybe he panicked and put his foot down. Its fairly easy to make up any story from that clip.

Its a clip that we don't see the start of... but we do see at least one protester throw something at the jeep - was that before or after he 'mowed down' the protestor.

I'll be honest, I don't know how I would react if I found myself driving towards a mob of protestors. However, putting my foot down and sounding the horn would be high up the list.

Would you purposefully drive into an area where you know have protestors..

gmc40

Head Pro
Visit site

Or maybe he drove through a barrier and hit another vehicle that tried to block his way before he speeded through the protestors?

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
AG Barr getting a bit of a roasting off Dems in the House Judiciary Committee at the moment and oft looking and responding rather sheepishly - but still trying to deny and divert on behalf of his boss. Usual GoP suspects such as Rep Jordan doing their usual angry and blind Trumpism best to keep on his side,

As quite some few are saying - such as Barr will have a lot to answer for once Trump is gone. Whenever that is. I guess he knows that, but you do wonder...

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
Would you purposefully drive into an area where you know have protestors..

No I wouldn't drive there if I knew it was on.

And you've never driven somewhere only to find there's a summer parade or crowds going to a concert or sports event? Hell, I've taken the wrong route out of Manchester several times when there's been a match on at Old Trafford. It happens.

Or maybe he drove through a barrier and hit another vehicle that tried to block his way before he speeded through the protestors?

Maybe he did, and maybe he didn't. Maybe he didn't know a route off the freeway before he got to the protestors. And maybe he panicked. Or maybe he is a fruit loop. I don't know. Do you?

gmc40

Head Pro
Visit site
No I wouldn't drive there if I knew it was on.

And you've never driven somewhere only to find there's a summer parade or crowds going to a concert or sports event? Hell, I've taken the wrong route out of Manchester several times when there's been a match on at Old Trafford. It happens.

Maybe he did, and maybe he didn't. Maybe he didn't know a route off the freeway before he got to the protestors. And maybe he panicked. Or maybe he is a fruit loop. I don't know. Do you?

Just going off news reports I read and statements from eye witnesses. Not a bad place to start I suppose.

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
Just going off news reports I read and statements from eye witnesses. Not a bad place to start I suppose.

I don't have much thought on the incident either way. If he's a fruit loop he'll get what's coming to him. And if he panicked I hope he doesn't get crucified for it.

As for media reports; as a general observation they're not always accurate and are often opinion based and embellished to sell 'copy'. Eyewitnesses that were there. Bearing in mind it was a protest march, what bias might they have compared to an innocent bystander?

But, equally, we all have reports we like to believe sometimes, if it suits our perspective. Like I said, not overly bothered either way, just playing Devil's Advocate with a different perspective.

gmc40

Head Pro
Visit site
Yes, a woman went to hospital with I quote, a graze.

2 protesters were shot by another protestor.

Where did you quote from? I’ve seen reports that one of the shooting victims suffered a graze but not for the woman who jumped out of the way.

DanFST

Head Pro
Visit site
Or maybe reading a number of reports helps form a clearer view?

So you've read reports and your still spouting :poop:?

Here's actual reporting thats out now.

Guy is in jeep, doesn't realise there's a protest. Gets shouted at and car attacked by protestors. A protestor in a white truck jumps in his car and starts to ram the jeep. Guy tails it out of there, whilst getting stuff thrown at his jeep and shots fired at him.

Here is the damage after the ramming and projectiles:
aurora-jeep-shooting-incident-01-gty-jef-200727_1595853380441_hpMain_16x9_992.jpg

Here is the guy shooting at him:

aurora-jeep-shooting-incident-03-gty-jef-200727_1595854159255_hpEmbed_3x2_992.jpg

Guy pulls over to police once off the freeway. Says he was scared and was trying to get away (which is clear by him driving in the middle of the road), wasn't arrested. Car was taken for forensics. 2 people shot and one went to hospital for a graze. But it's the guy in the jeeps fault?

Hoganman1

Visit site
Well it's pretty clear things are going to hell in a hand basket here in the US. I was politically active in the late 60s. While this has not accelerated to that point as yet, it's getting close. Putin should be thrilled. His divide and conquer strategy is working. Hate and violence is resonating across our land. At age 70 I'm tempted to just crawl into my shell and wait it out. However, I have six grand kids and I want them to live in a better world. What's the old saying "if you are not part of the solution; then you are part of the problem". To all my friends on this side of the pond PLEASE VOTE FOR BIDEN! He's certainly not perfect, but he'a a decent human being.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Assuming he does lose
Well the very strong rebuttal of the very idea of a delay that Trump has received from senior Always-Trumper GoP Senators such as Mitch McConnell and Kevin McCarthy as well as in editorials in some Trump accommodating newspapers, suggests Trump may have eventually pushed the bounds of his support just a bit far...and that by Trump suggesting delaying the election says to some that Trump may be throwing in the November towel ?

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
Well the very strong rebuttal of the very idea of a delay that Trump has received from senior Always-Trumper GoP Senators such as Mitch McConnell and Kevin McCarthy as well as in editorials in some Trump accommodating newspapers, suggests Trump may have eventually pushed the bounds of his support just a bit far...and that by Trump suggesting delaying the election says to some that Trump may be throwing in the November towel ?

My concern is he refuses to accept the result and goes to court. In theory, a new president can be sworn in based on the result, even if contested in several states but it would lead to a constitutional crisis that could drag on for months and months.

Status
Not open for further replies.