Top 100 Courses feedback

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
I would question how this list was compiled in the first place.

And I'd question why you're getting so wound up about it?

Have you had a go at Golf World about theirs?
Or any other magazine or website that publishes a list of anything?

It's a list - if you read the mag you can see who has had input into the rankings - by GM. It's obviously going to have missed some courses that some people feel should be in there and include others - Someone may hate Muirfield, someone else may call it Heaven on Earth.......

As has been said - list yours
Then we can pick it to pieces.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Bomber,

I'm sorry but having read your comments I think you are bang out of order. I think both Jezz and Mike have come on here and been open and honest with how the process works and yet you continue to insinuate that there are brown envelopes, vote rigging and skullduggery. I think you need to look at what they have posted about the way it is put together.

T

thecraw

It's a list - if you read the mag you can see who has had input into the rankings - by GM. It's obviously going to have missed some courses that some people feel should be in there and include others - Someone may hate Muirfield, someone else may call it Heaven on Earth.......

Its a debate! Chillax.

Bomber69

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
Bomber,

I'm sorry but having read your comments I think you are bang out of order. I think both Jezz and Mike have come on here and been open and honest with how the process works and yet you continue to insinuate that there are brown envelopes, vote rigging and skullduggery. I think you need to look at what they have posted about the way it is put together.

Brown envelopes:whoo:

Top 100 out of 100 we have played:thup:

Bomber69

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site

I will have my secretary compile my list and publish it early next week, stay tuned

:cheers:

NWJocko

Tour Winner
Visit site
Okay so I think it went like this " here is a list of 100 random course's now go out and give me your take on them and we will publish them in the mag" remember you have decided on the list and most on here from what I can see have not agreed with your selection but if it has been a closed list of 100 then you may have been put out and not really able to complete your job to the best of your ability but then again I would question how this list was compiled in the first place.

If you'd bothered your arse to read the mag or some of the posts the staff have made on here before shooting your mouth off you'd realise that wasn't the case!

I've played a number of them and disagree in places, as have many on here. In the editors article in the mag he actually encourages debate and disagreement.

Bomber69

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
Just corrected that typo there for you, Bomber!

And on that note, I bow out of this evening's debate...

Lol.....

Have a good nights sleep and I will still be here in the morning, well make that afternoon as I have a 10 am tee off:whoo:

On the bright side maybe next year you will do the real list more justice:ears:

Bomber69

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
If you'd bothered your arse to read the mag or some of the posts the staff have made on here before shooting your mouth off you'd realise that wasn't the case!

I've played a number of them and disagree in places, as have many on here. In the editors article in the mag he actually encourages debate and disagreement.

Oh sorry bud I thought that's what I was doing, disagreeing with their selection, stay focused will you
:thup:

JezzE

GM Staff
Visit site
Lol.....

Have a good nights sleep and I will still be here in the morning, well make that afternoon as I have a 10 am tee off:whoo:

On the bright side maybe next year you will do the real list more justice:ears:

Ha, I'm still here!

Lucky you - my final medal of the year was called off today due to a waterlogged course, so I've had to spend all day doing DIY at the other half's behest.

Play well...

Captainron

Big Hitting, South African Sweary Person
Visit site
Not sure how many of us here would be able to list a top 100. I have only played 143 courses in my life so far and about 90 of them wouldn't make the top 1000. Going solo on a list like this is asking for your judgement to be called into question. Not sure I would have the stones to take the criticism. If a panel of 40 odd can't get it 'right' then one man surely has no chance. How many of us here have praised the list entirely? None, because we will always have a difference of opinion on a course or two that we love/hate. I would love to see your list and see where I agree and disagree.

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site

These lists will always create debate and disagreement.
However accusing people of taking bribes for a higher ranking without any proof is IMO
discraceful.

NWJocko

Tour Winner
Visit site
Oh sorry bud I thought that's what I was doing, disagreeing with their selection, stay focused will you
:thup:

I meant the first part.....

They've explained, in the mag and on here countless times how they've looked/short listed the courses which isn't as you imagined.

I look forward to the definitive "bombers top 100", at least all the other mags can save themselves the bother from here on in :)

Bomber69

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
Ha, I'm still here!

Lucky you - my final medal of the year was called off today due to a waterlogged course, so I've had to spend all day doing DIY at the other half's behest.

Play well...

Cheer Jezze, big match tomorrow so will need all the luck we can get.

Get yourself onto a Links course as they tend to handle the water a lot better than Parkland courses and TBH this year would show that more than any other year, how many Links courses are listed on your 100 because I know after the year we have had at least
85 of my top 100 would be Links.

And yes Rodger Goswick would just make it into the top 85:whoo:

Last edited: